Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penstripe standard?

7K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Marycdg 
#1 ·
My new white CRV has a really pretty gold penstipe along each side. Is this standard on all 2019 CRVs? We didn’t pay extra for it. Just curious. Thanks.

#2 ·
Grats on your new CRV. :)

Pinstripping is not standard as far as I know, at least for the US. It is however something some dealers add and then markup before the put the vehicle on the lot.

In California, I rarely see a CRV with pinstriping to be honest. Not sure about other states and if it is a regional preference.

That said, If I wanted pinstriping on my White Pearl 2017 CRV... gold would definitely be the color I would choose. :)

#16 ·
i think most pin striping looks dated and tacky
There are not as many continuous character lines F to R on newer cars (especially Hondas) that cry out for emphasis. Its an accent thing.

For your perusal, here are pictures of our '06. With the red stripes and calipers and Acura wheels that show the brakes more, I think it looks distinctive. So there!

Continuing with the red accent theme, I installed some red carbon fiber accents in the otherwise all-black interior.

It's a 'Look". :cool:

(Hey, I don't have any more hair on my head to 'style'!) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: crv383
#5 ·
My white 2014 CR-V has a thin double gold pinstripe down each side.
My gray 2006 CR-V came with a double gray stripe down each side, that had color matching Honda "H" symbol in the same stripe color on the rear quarter panels. I thought it was quite attractive.

Neither were listed in the cost of the CR-V.

#8 ·
yeah pinstripes were a popular dlr add on in the late 80s into early 2000s. My school colors are maroon and burnt orange and my last four vehicles have been some shade of maroon. I would take the car to a local detailer who would put orange pinstripe on it with a VT near the front. I've seen a couple of 5th gen CRVs w/ pinstripes and quite honestly don't care for them. The body lines of this model doesn't really lend itself to a good layout. The Molten Lava Pearl is kinda like a melding of the orange and maroon. A friend of mine says they should have called it Marorange.

#10 ·
Years ago. new Buyers pkg was a selling point you were being forced by a dealer to take it. when you simply had the right to say no thank you.

In 2002 My new CRV came on with all the added Bells and whistled of a new pkg deal, they said, free gift enjoy. that meant door edging and other small goodies.

Now that if I saw pinstriping for free I say KEEP it who told you to mark the car. something the Dealer does not the Honda Company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.