Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my 2006 Honda CRV started periodically throwing 4 warning lights: ABS, VSA, triangle with exclamation point, and brake light all at once, for only a second or two. When it happens, the heater blower fan loses some power but then everything goes back to normal and the lights go away quickly. I will link a video below:

(I apparently can’t add a link bc it’s my first post. I will try to add it to a second post?)

I have not noticed any drive power loss nor can I find anything that precipitates it. It can happen at idle or while in motion. Help?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You might need to have the OBD-II codes read to find out what the error was--it hopefully should still be stored in the system. Certain malfunctions will disable the ABS and VSA systems, like a bad ignition coil (or a few other things), which will illuminate multiple error lights. But I don't know of any that illuminate the brake light, unless your brake fluid is low. Is that what the red light on the far right side of the gauges is for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might need to have the OBD-II codes read to find out what the error was--it hopefully should still be stored in the system. Certain malfunctions will disable the ABS and VSA systems, like a bad ignition coil (or a few other things), which will illuminate multiple error lights. But I don't know of any that illuminate the brake light, unless your brake fluid is low. Is that what the red light on the far right side of the gauges is for?
I’m honestly not sure what the brake light means, although I don’t think the fluid pressure could be low for one second and then normal again? Same with any OBD codes — if the warning lights really are indicative of true codes, shouldn’t they stay on? It seems like this has to be some electrical issue rather than actual codes getting thrown yeah?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts