Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 CR-V. Beginning in the spring I was having periodic problems starting. Some days the car wouldn't not start on the first try, but would start fine on the second. This went on for about a month and then it wouldn't start and I needed to get it jumped. Brought it in and discovered my battery was long overdue, so replaced with a brand new battery. In the meantime, I have been having the issues with the doors locking and unlocking themselves constantly while driving. I thought I had lost my opportunity to have this replaced under the recall, so I just let it go. Then the same thing began happening - periodic issues with starting, and I'd need to jump my new battery. Alternator tested fine. Someone mentioned the doors constantly locking draining the battery. I called Honda and made an appointment to have the recall done as they said there was no time limit. Over the weekend my car would not start at all, not even with a jump - completely dead. Had it towed to my mechanic and he replaced the starter. Again said the alternator is OK and its a brand new battery. So, car is running now and is at Honda for the day for the accuator to be replaced. I have a few questions ....

1) Could a starter going bad have caused these issues all along - periodic problems starting, going back months?
2) Could the doors constantly locking and unlocking themselves have been draining my battery? (I believe they were still doing it overnight even with the car not running - is that possible?)
3) Has anyone had the accuator replaced under the recall and still had issues with the doors locking and unlocking? If so, is there a way to just disable the auto doors altogether

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
In answer to your questions:
1- Yes, but not the locking/unlocking problem.
2- Very easily, the draw could have been more than leaving a dome light on and we all know what that can do to a battery.
3- No comment. I've never had a problem with door locking on any of my Honda's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts