Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my EX-L from its first oil change and there's a B code on the maintenance minder that can't be cleared. Showed it to the service techs which sparked a fair amount of confusion as to what was going on.
Eventually it got escalated up to one of the senior techs who said he'd never seen this but it's most likely a software glitch and to fix it would require a hard reboot. He said it would take a while and since I needed to get home I decided to bring it back next week.

Anyone else experience a B code like this?
They said if they do a hard reboot I might lose some information that's been stored but he wasn't exactly sure what I might lose. Anyone know what happens with a hard reboot?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know that what you going to get after first oil change "B" minder
Check this post : http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/146089-first-oil-change-get-your-suggestions-video-come.html

Few posts down after yours
I guess I don't understand, are you saying that after the first service it's supposed to show "B" on the screen?
I was aware of all the things required with the "B" service. It doesn't make sense though that the car would need an oil change, new filter, brake check, etc. minutes after it had it's first oil change.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
First all, how many miles do you have? this is the B code. I do my homework to find out this is what the B code means.

Code B:
• Replace engine oil and filter
• Check brake pads and discs for wear, damage and cracks
• Check calipers for damage, leaks and tightness of mounting bolts
• Inspect tie-rod ends
• Inspect steering gearbox
• Check gearbox boots for damage and leaking grease
• Inspect suspension components; check bolts for tightness
• Check condition of ball joint boots for deterioration and damage
• Check driveshaft boots for cracks and boot bands for tightness
• Inspect brake hoses and lines
• Check master cylinder and VSA modulator-control unit for damage and leakage
• Inspect engine coolant level and condition
• Inspect CVT fluid level and condition
• Inspect rear differential fluid level and condition (AWD only)
• Inspect brake fluid level and condition
• Inspect windshield washer fluid
• Check catalytic converter heat shields, exhaust pipes and muffler for damage, leaks and tightness
• Inspect fuel lines; check for loose connections, cracks and deterioration; retighten loose connections and replace damaged parts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First all, how many miles do you have? this is the B code. I do my homework to find out this is what the B code means.
I do my homework too, which is why I said "I was aware of what was required with a "B" service. "

The issue that didn't make sense to me, or the senior tech at my dealership is that minutes after getting my first oil change the car is telling me I need another one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you are correct after my dealer added oil and reset computer my info center shows B
Thanks for passing this on. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one seeing this.

It still seems weird to me. Is this just the car saying "The next service you'll need is B"?
Presumably it will do something to let me know when the service is actually due.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks for passing this on. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one seeing this.

It still seems weird to me. Is this just the car saying "The next service you'll need is B"?
Presumably it will do something to let me know when the service is actually due.
I think this is it. Its telling you that at the NEXT service it will be on the "B" schedule. I seem to remember this from my past CR-V, a 2012 or my 2015 Fit, can't recall which it was. As I recall its nothing to be worried about, just how it works. Your "service reminder" light is not on I presume. If it was that would be different. I think its just saying that the B service comes next time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think this is it. Its telling you that at the NEXT service it will be on the "B" schedule. I seem to remember this from my past CR-V, a 2012 or my 2015 Fit, can't recall which it was. As I recall its nothing to be worried about, just how it works. Your "service reminder" light is not on I presume. If it was that would be different. I think its just saying that the B service comes next time.
Ok got it. Thanks hans471+.
I guess I can sort of see the logic of why they do that. I wish they'd put something in the manual though that explains that's what's going on. If it's in there neither I nor the service techs could find it, but we weren't going through it page by page with a fine tooth comb so it's quite possible we missed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish they'd put something in the manual though that explains that's what's going on. If it's in there neither I nor the service techs could find it, but we weren't going through it page by page with a fine tooth comb so it's quite possible we missed it.
Does this explain it?
maint.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does this explain it?
[iurl="http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88970&d=1497669275"]
[/iurl]
Yes! Thanks.
We were looking at the printed mini-manual instead of the full manual.
This has taught me I need to download the full one and keep on my phone so I have it for situations that pop up when I'm not home.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put a copy of the full manual on my computer. Makes it really easy to search through it for just specific information. And it doesn't take up any shelf space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts