Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a decent pet barrier that would mount behind the front seats and folded down rear seats?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
We used one of these...

Does anyone know of a decent pet barrier that would mount behind the front seats and folded down rear seats?
http://www.amazon.com/Highland-2004500-Black-Universal-Barrier/dp/B0002MABGE?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0002MABGE

Similar are available from auto parts stores perhaps for less.

We have two and occasionally three big dogs, Golden's and Lab's. I installed it as directed and used it like that for years but, although we leave it installed most of the time, it was a pain to get in and out and put ugly depressions in the roof, kept loosening, and rattling.

After much thought and fiddling I finally figured out that doubling short bungees, putting the doubled bungee around the headrest posts of the center seat back and putting the other seats back against the barrier, it is held against the seat backs and is much more stable and much easier to get in and out.

I removed the top caps of the vertical posts so there is no contact with the roof and taped the height adjustment in place since with no pressure it would work it's way loose. I also put small black wire ties on all the slides to prevent them from sliding in and out. To get them tight enough you need a Wire Tie tool. Black electrical tape would probably work better. I also formed a second set of doubled bungees and put it in the tire area in case the one in use breaks or come loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts