Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There is none unless you dare to screw it into the dashboard.

Brodit holder is non-intrusive but fairly large mount and partially covers the vent.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
We are very happy with SCOSCHE magnetic phone mounts. They use the reliable 'sticky' suction cups, and there are a number of different mounting possibilities depending on the shape or length of the mount model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9I8WGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Supposedly these will stick to a clean dash, haven't tried it on a padded dash but you could always buy a mounting disc if you need. They offer powered / recharge mounts too.

No financial interest, yada yada.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
I know u said not vent, but I found one for the vent that works quite well. Very little vibration, and an advantage is you can take it off the vent when not in use. I find it kind of ideal as don't need directions often. It's a bit of a hassle to put on when needed, but even with android auto, there's plugging in the phone etc. Nothing would be perfect unless Honda made a decent head unit that wasn't so proprietary. Don't hold yer breath, I know.

Beam electronics mount

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are very happy with SCOSCHE magnetic phone mounts. They use the reliable 'sticky' suction cups, and there are a number of different mounting possibilities depending on the shape or length of the mount model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9I8WGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Supposedly these will stick to a clean dash, haven't tried it on a padded dash but you could always buy a mounting disc if you need. They offer powered / recharge mounts too.

No financial interest, yada yada.
I think you have come up with the answer as they adhere to the dash 'mottled' surface and are available in the UK, this is where a forum comes into its own helping other owners, thanks (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know u said not vent, but I found one for the vent that works quite well. Very little vibration, and an advantage is you can take it off the vent when not in use. I find it kind of ideal as don't need directions often. It's a bit of a hassle to put on when needed, but even with android auto, there's plugging in the phone etc. Nothing would be perfect unless Honda made a decent head unit that wasn't so proprietary. Don't hold yer breath, I know.

Beam electronics mount
Thanks but I prefer the magnetic type, Scosche mounts look the business

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the magnet holders (non vent) style that has the flat back with 3m tape stuck right next to the shifter on either side, in my truck i have the magnet that also plugs into the cig lighter and goose neck up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts