Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some posts here regarding upgrading the fog light bulbs (LED’s, yellow bulbs, etc.), I decided to upgrade mine to yellow PIAA bulbs (http://www.piaa.com/). I went with the regular halogen but the color is really nice. They do also make an LED version but they are substantially more expensive. IMG_6382.JPG IMG_6389.JPG IMG_6391.JPG IMG_6394.JPG

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Have a set of these in my Prelude. Been in there for around 12yrs now.

Had them in the factory accessory fog/driving lights on my 1st and 2nd gen CR-V's as well.

They are awesome in fog, rain and snow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, months later, I'm still have these yellow PIAA's installed. They look decent up close but it doesn't "feel" like there is much light output. Although, I'm not quite sure if fog lights in general are meant for other drivers around you (i.e., enhancing how visible your car is to them) or meant for yourself as the driver (i.e., to improve your visibility of the road). So which one is it?

I went with halogen over LED because most of the LED bulbs I found on Amazon were no name brands out of China. Granted, PIAA does make a yellow LED fog light bulb but it is literally hundreds of dollars (I guess that's the cost for premium branding/quality). But even then, I'm not sure if the light output is much different on the PIAA LED's. But I thought I saw on here that some people were not only switching to LED's on the fogs but opting for higher wattage at the same time.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So, months later, I'm still have these yellow PIAA's installed. They look decent up close but it doesn't "feel" like there is much light output. Although, I'm not quite sure if fog lights in general are meant for other drivers around you (i.e., enhancing how visible your car is to them) or meant for yourself as the driver (i.e., to improve your visibility of the road). So which one is it?
Look to what new cars are doing to get your answer. They are quickly turning into an aesthetic vs actual fogs. Yellow PIAAs should be real fog lights though, but I think the actual point of yellow is to provide better visibility in fog conditions, not everyday night driving.

I opted for a cheapish LED replacement for mine that matches the color temp of the touring LEDs. This provides superior supplemental night time visibility, which means I'm using them for neither fog nor aesthetic, but actual every night visibility.

Thanks for following up with your review!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts