Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well after years with loads of different cars I pick up my first CRV-V tomorrow morning.

It's an 05 Sport with FSH (owned by garage owner and kept pristine). It's got 73k on the clock. It's had a new clutch, brake discs and pads plus a set of new tyres.
It looks in great condition and has all the usual bits and bobs. Pics to follow at some point.
I hope I've got a good one and I'm off to Wales for the weekend to give it a run out whilst still under warranty.
Oh yeah it's a manual 2.2CDTi

Over the years I've had 3 minis, a cortina, a beetle, an XR2, 2 V6 Cougars, a 328i, a 325i, a BMW Z4M Coupe, Laguna, MG Montego, Sierra, Cavalier, Shogun, Mazda 2, MX-5 etc etc over 30 years. My 2 favourites? Shogun and Z4 closely followed by my XR2 which had when i was 21......
Some have been dogs and some have been epic.

Anyway I'd like to know if there's anything I should be looking out for.
I tested everything on it last weekend and it all works so hopefully it's a good 'un.

Should I mod and if so, what type of things work and more impotently which don't.

Also looking to transport bikes. I have a Saris bones 2 which I'm not sure will fit?
Also have roof carriers but which bars would I be looking for to fit (non roof rails).

Any suggestions and assistance gratefully received.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi from another new UK owner. Had mine for 3 months now and first thing I did was get a roof rack (then ended up having to shift a bed for someone the next day LOL).

Not sure if I'd want to lift my bikes onto to roof when I needed to use it. I always use a towbar mounted cycle carrier, a simple one that clamps on the ball for short journeys and a Pendle one for longer journeys. Haven't got a towbar yet so still to check clearances.

As for the "should I mod" comment, of course you should. You need to put your own stamp on it, whether performance, off road or electronics.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Should I mod and if so, what type of things work and more impotently which don't.
Silly question, of course you should :D Congrats on the V. A few of use like to accessorize and/or modify lighting, electronics, etc. Have fun with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.