Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up our new EX L Friday, what a nice vehicle. The salesman set up my Android phone on Bluetooth. I don't really understand how to work it yet. I was on my Smartphone yesterday and somebody called. Nothing was coming through the dash until my wife pressed transfer. At that point we could hear the caller through the car speakers but he couldn't hear us. Anyone have an idea what's going on ? I've been looking in the owners manual but haven't found anything yet. Thanks !

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Did you accept the call on the car screen or steering wheel button? If on the phone then the call remains in the handset, so called private mode.

·
Registered
2022 CR-V touring Hybrid
217 Posts
I have to admit that when I got my CRV 3 weeks ago, the infotainment screens and settings was the most confusing thing I had ever seen. Now it's getting a bit easier to use. I haven't used it enough to receive a call yet, I just assumed it would be as straight forward as it was in my 2014 Accord. I guess I'll watch these videos.

Neither of these videos show how to receive a call though.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have to admit that when I got my CRV 3 weeks ago, the infotainment screens and settings was the most confusing thing I had ever seen. Now it's getting a bit easier to use. I haven't used it enough to receive a call yet, I just assumed it would be as straight forward as it was in my 2014 Accord. I guess I'll watch these videos.

This may help: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATLA2020OM/enu/ATLA2020OM.PDF

·
Registered
108 Posts

The day we purchased our 2020 CRV, the salesman went over a checklist of items for the infotainment system and asked a bunch of questions to program those features we wanted. Since we've had the car (about 7 weeks) I've tinkered a bit with some of the settings, mainly for my own personal needs. If you go to the Honda website there is a tech section and that same checklist the salesman used to set those functions. I also downloaded the Owners Manual, which is in a searchable PDF format and much easier to use on a PC than the paper format, at least for me. I'm still learning and enjoying all the features this vehicle has to make the driving experience safer and more enjoyable.

·
Registered
2022 CR-V touring Hybrid
217 Posts
The day we purchased our 2020 CRV, the salesman went over a checklist of items for the infotainment system and asked a bunch of questions to program those features we wanted. Since we've had the car (about 7 weeks) I've tinkered a bit with some of the settings, mainly for my own personal needs. If you go to the Honda website there is a tech section and that same checklist the salesman used to set those functions. I also downloaded the Owners Manual, which is in a searchable PDF format and much easier to use on a PC than the paper format, at least for me. I'm still learning and enjoying all the features this vehicle has to make the driving experience safer and more enjoyable.
I'll check out that PDF. I tried going through the paper copy and I don't have the patience to read through it like I used to.

I don't for one second regret buying my CRV. I really bought it to be my just for fun car and I'll be taking it on vacation in September. Unfortunately, I'm too busy working 7 days a week so I'm lucky if I can take it on a drive 2-3 times a week. It will be one month since I bought it and I have 150 miles on it.

I so wanted a car with all the features that the CRV has.

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I played around with it today and discovered I needed to download the Android Auto App. After I did that I was able to make a call. I'm trying to figure out why when I imported my address book it didn't retrieve everything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I played around with it today and discovered I needed to download the Android Auto App. After I did that I was able to make a call. I'm trying to figure out why when I imported my address book it didn't retrieve everything.
Hmm, I never downloaded the Android Auto app and I can make and receive calls in my vehicle from my phone. I just paired it up using Bluetooth and I have access to my phone directory.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Android Auto is only necessary for screen mirroring. Handsfree should work over Bluetooth only, as it also does with Android Auto.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I haven't figured out the usefulness of Android Auto yet. I'm a talk radio junkie and I figure I can get just about any music genre by tuning in to XM Radio. Have you had much experience with Android Auto?

·
Registered
2022 CR-V touring Hybrid
217 Posts
I haven't figured out the usefulness of Android Auto yet. I'm a talk radio junkie and I figure I can get just about any music genre by tuning in to XM Radio. Have you had much experience with Android Auto?
Android auto allows you to also use many apps that are made to run on Android Auto such as VLC player. I tried VLC player a few weeks ago and actually liked it better as it shows the full song titles unlike the Android music player.

I like XM also but I just don't understand why longer song titles and band names are cut off after so many characters. It was like that on a 2009 Accord, a 2014 Accord and now my 2019 CRV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would you share what you've learned that has had made driving experience more enjoyable. I just happened on the lane assist, which is pretty neat after I got over the feeling car was hydroplaning.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would you share what you've learned that has had made driving experience more enjoyable. I just happened on the lane assist, which is pretty neat after I got over the feeling car was hydroplaning.
I'll probably miss something, but the Lane Keeping Assist is not at the top of my list, although I understand the benefit. The auto high beam feature reduces the driver workload on dark roads (where we live) and can react much more quickly than a human most times. The auto windshield wipers is also another nice feature and it also turns on the headlights when it operates more than a few times. The steering is crisp, but not overly sensitive and the braking is straight-on, no pulling. Although I wish the seat bottom cushion was a couple of inches longer, the overall comfort provided by the power seat is excellent. I had to drive in monsoonal rains a couple of weeks ago and even though I was at highway speeds I never felt as though I was not in control; thanks to AWD. Also like the blind-side alert. Al-in-all it's been an enjoyable experience for the first 6 weeks or so.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,190 Posts
Regarding Android Auto. The best feature of it is the ability to send a text totally by voice, and to reply to a text by voice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2017 CRV EX-L Turbo. Take the manual and understand now how to set up your phone before you are actually forced to do so. I have lost I-phone programming 3 times so I am not sure how Android devices interact.

There are usually explanations for how the system works to be found on the internet. Your salesman would also generally be eager to help you since he wants to sell you your next vehicle, also. Make a list of your questions and go ask him if you can't find the answers you want.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Regarding Android Auto. The best feature of it is the ability to send a text totally by voice, and to reply to a text by voice.
It recently started reading messages in my native language (Estonian). Sometimes it mistakes it for Finnish (which is a related language) and reads it in a Finnish accent which sounds hilarious.

It does not allow replying in Estonian tho, yet. So I reply in English and confuse the crap out of people.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I picked up our new EX L Friday, what a nice vehicle. The salesman set up my Android phone on Bluetooth. I don't really understand how to work it yet. I was on my Smartphone yesterday and somebody called. Nothing was coming through the dash until my wife pressed transfer. At that point we could hear the caller through the car speakers but he couldn't hear us. Anyone have an idea what's going on ? I've been looking in the owners manual but haven't found anything yet. Thanks !
Re: owners manual, did yours come in a vinyl/plastic holder or just loose in the glove box?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.