Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First world problem.

I wanted the steel metallic but dealer only could get gunmetal. No one will swap with him for the MSM :rolleyes:. He also has white with both black and ivory interiors. Out of the running, but also on the lot are black (shows dirt too easily I think?), olive green (I have an irrational hatred of green), and bright blue.

Whats getting in my way- is gunmetal too close to black? Or too much like navy? I haven't really seen it in person
- I have a white sedan and no garage, will my house look like a white car parking lot?
-if white, light or dark interior? I have two little kids so will yogurt/cheerios look better smushed into white or black?

This is a really dumb thing to get hung up on, but I'm afraid I'm going to get my choice home THEN decide I hate it.

Gunmetal looks like the deathstar, white looks like a stormtrooper.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like getting a white interior is a lifestyle I don't have quite yet :p. Any issues keeping it clean?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Ivory interior is not exactly white, more like light gray. You can buy 3M spray that does a good job of keeping the dirt and spilled liquids out.
My biggest mistake with my previous car was going for a ride while wearing new, unwashed blue jeans. That took a while to get cleaned.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wanted gunmetal until I saw it in person. Too much of a dark purple hue for me. I ended up with the Modern Steel and Grey interior. I have seen a few of the Blues lately and think they look great. I might have gone with that if they were readily available at release.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I sought out the OBSIDIAN BLUE (on purpose)
Kind of dark, but I really like it!
Several other people have commented on it, too.
Would have got MOLTEN LAVA, but after seeing it in person - too orangeish looking, and too close to my next door neighbor's Hyundai Tucson.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I get a lot of comments on my Obsidian Blue; I think it's a snazzy color, but not so dark that every hairline swirlmark stands out like a beacon. And the gray interior stays a lot cooler than a black one would, while not showing as much dirt as ivory or tan.

(For those worried about blue jeans dye transfer on light leather... the dye does transfer, but I was able to easily remove with a couple swipes of a cloth and a very light spritz of leather cleaner; it's really a non-issue.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I Love my White EX. I also have a 2016 Tucson in white and the CRV is much creamier when parked next to it. I have the light interior, no kids so easy for me to take care of. My last car had a bright white interior and it stayed nice over the 50k I had the car. Best of luck! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Mstr425 On mine I went with black exterior and black leather interior, and have been very pleased with my choice so far. The ivory interior was to yellowish for me, and the grey was too light.

@jayp I almost went with the white/black option but I let my friends talk me out of it. Love what I have, but I still think about what could have been.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dark colors look great on the CRV, but show dirt and scratches too easily. My other car is black and I would never buy a black car again.

We ended up getting the silver EX for pragmatic reasons, but would prefer white. Light grey cloth interior was our only choice, which was then promptly sprayed with 303 stain repelent. I would choose a black interior if you're getting cloth, unless you live in a very sunny place.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You really can't win on color choice
Dark color + looks great - hard to keep clean in the Winter
Light color + looks great - Summer shows many dead bugs (YUK) ...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the White/ Black Leather. I've had too many cars with light interiors, especially with kids. My second choice was lunar silver w/black. White is easy to keep clean if you get a good coat of wax on it right at the start, doesnt fade, has a good resale value later on because it is not a "fad" color.

gunmetal would be like Navy Blue or Black to take care of, looks nice if you do everything by hand and have time to keep up with it, otherwise you see every water spot and swirl, at least I do. If you do go dark color, it's best to get a paint sealant on it right away.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a obsidian blue 2015 with gray interior. This time I got the Lava. Bolt are epic, but the orange/red is nice and uncommon in CRV-land. On the other side there are a ton of lava colored cars in the world.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I initially wanted a Modern Steel Metallic to match my 2013 CRV Polished Metal Metallic. But after seeing it on the lot in sunlight, I noticed a blue tint to it. I didn't like that. I ended up getting a white with black leather interior, my first white car and I love it. Easy to keep clean and looks good. Although I noticed there are a lot of white SUV's driving around, at least in So Calif.

DSC09700.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts