Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRESCOTT, Ariz. — Authorities say a pickup truck landed on top of a car after the truck was hit by another vehicle and went flying through the air. The car was crushed but no one was hurt.

Firefighters in the small city of Prescott north of Phoenix say it was amazing that the two people in the car and the woman driving the pickup were not hurt after the crash Sunday night.

Prescott Fire Department spokesman E. Conrad Jackson said Monday that the pickup truck driver was hit by another pickup truck that came alongside her vehicle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/p...-no-one-hurt/ar-BBO7kWn?li=BBnb7KB&ocid=Login

·
Registered
36 Posts
They showed that pic on the nightly news yesterday. Had me guessing if the bottom car was a CRV.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I want to know the brand and model# of the pickup truck that initiated the crash.
If the 2nd pickup truck driven by a lady got hit and sent flying, meaning the force of the crash was very strong and the 1st pickup truck still managed to flee.
Amazing!
It must have been a well-built truck.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow! I saw that article yesterday but didn't notice it was a CR-V. Pretty impressive considering. I've also seen shots of CR-Vs up side down and the roof held up on those, too.

Not too impressed with the front bumper, though.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm kinda guessing that the white pick up was partly airborne when the CRV scooped it up.enough momentum to get it up on the roof.
Crazy.
Take a look at Roof crush standards. I think US standards are lower than rest of world. Hopefully Honda uses the higher standards to build all its cars.
The white pick up looks like the Old Ford Ranger, but the version sold at Mazda dealers.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
And yet the bumper and front end is seriously pancaked/damaged. I guess those components are designed to protect against lateral/horizontal forces but not downward/vertical ones.

Anyway you look at it, it had to have been one heck of a ride for all of those folks, who are very lucky, as it could have turned out much worse. I actually saw a big truck sitting on top of an Accord like this once. This was about 1979 or so, I think, about December 21st or 22nd, in San Antonio, on Northbound I-35 at Walzem Road. It was about 8 pm, cold, dark, and rainy. A young mother was trapped in the car, with her infant child in a car seat in the back. It took them over two hours, but SAFD got them out and they were unharmed! It was an amazing thing. The truck was a Central Freight lines day cab with a 53' trailer. The truck driver had minor injuries. The accident was caused by another big truck which ran into the back of the Central truck and forced it up on top of the Honda, after plowing into the back of a traffic jam during the week night "Christmas Rush Hour" in front of the Northeast Mall. The Good Lord was most definitely watching over them that night. We were stuck on the service road next to them, and my wife was in tears. I jumped out of the car and ran over to try and help. The young mother was worried for the baby but we assured her he was okay, and just talked to her until the FD arrived. The roof of the car was crushed about half way down, but was not touching either of them, and luckily the big truck did not leak any fuel or oil. Other folks got the truck driver out and had him sitting on the shoulder sheltered with an umbrella. We got home late and feeling rattled but blessed, and thankful they all got out okay. That Honda's roof saved them. The firemen and EMTs all talked about how amazing it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts