14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy mofo those are huge! I think thats the biggest i've seen on a CRV

I'm planning on 18-19's

keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, thats mighty agressive looking. Definalty a 5 star ride.

Ritch...

Oh yeah, if your insurance askes if you want to insure your wheels, do it. They asked me yesterday, and I said no, and last night, I broke 2 wheels and busted 2 tires. Road construction company did not merge 2 roads together right and there was a 3 inch rise from one road to the other with a sharp edge on it and I got it good. $1600 damage for 2 replacement wheels and 2 tires. Ouch!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is the road where I broke my wheels. As you can see they put the reflecters in wrong spot. the cones show the correct spot they should have been.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I can empathize with your monetary loss but I just don't get those type of wheels for anything other than show. I think that would happen weekly here with the sad state of road conditions given the abusive winter. Wasn't the ride rather harsh...just curious?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have to admit, the ride was still about the same. Honda rode great before and after the wheels. The only thing that bothered me was the tires were loud like mud tires. On a good note, they are accepting the fault (rare) and they are cutting me a check for the $1600.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here is the road where I broke my wheels. As you can see they put the reflecters in wrong spot. the cones show the correct spot they should have been.

Those little ridges are nothing compared to what we have in NYC. Sorry about your rims.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Big Wheels.

I had 20's on my 99 V and they pulled on grooved roads bad. If you rode weight in the back, they'd rub. Big rims not for me on V's. I'm shooting for some BFG long trail 225/75/15 on stock steelies (painted black):cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks pretty good. Would you mind sharing with us your setup? What size wheels with offset, size of tires, TPMS issues? That would be fantastic.
Wheels are Sport Addition KV5 from Tire Rack. 17x8 with 45mm offset. Just transferred the OEM Continentals and used the valve stems and TPMS units from the OEM Alloy wheels. No TPMS issues or any type of reset required. OEM wheels are up for bid on eBay.

1 - 20 of 866 Posts
About this Discussion
865 Replies
331 Participants
happy2017CRVowner
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing