Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 902 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wheels are Sport Addition KV5 from Tire Rack. 17x8 with 45mm offset. Just transferred the OEM Continentals and used the valve stems and TPMS units from the OEM Alloy wheels. No TPMS issues or any type of reset required. OEM wheels are up for bid on eBay.
Thanks for the info.

I was just wondering as I would like to do the same thing, but I don't know if the LX wheel TPMS (I've read they're different from the EX versions) would be compatible with aftermarket wheels that I would like to get.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I was just wondering as I would like to do the same thing, but I don't know if the LX wheel TPMS (I've read they're different from the EX versions) would be compatible with aftermarket wheels that I would like to get.
You are correct, there is a fitment problem with the sensors used on the Honda steel wheels. I would call the Tire Rack and ask them for advise. They are great to work with. I have purchased several sets of tires and wheels from them over the years and have always been satisfied with their service. They also sell TPMS units with their wheels.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have to admit, the ride was still about the same. Honda rode great before and after the wheels. The only thing that bothered me was the tires were loud like mud tires. On a good note, they are accepting the fault (rare) and they are cutting me a check for the $1600.
There are places where they fix rims; look fo one locally so you do not have to pay shipping.
I slightly bent one rim and was fixed for $80, you may be able to fix them and save a ton of money and even if you fix one keep it as spare.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Si rims:

SH rims(winter set):

i didnt had a chance of taking a pic of my other 2 set coz i used them
for less than a month...while experimenting on my suspension combo.. :D:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, thats mighty agressive looking. Definalty a 5 star ride.

Ritch...

Oh yeah, if your insurance askes if you want to insure your wheels, do it. They asked me yesterday, and I said no, and last night, I broke 2 wheels and busted 2 tires. Road construction company did not merge 2 roads together right and there was a 3 inch rise from one road to the other with a sharp edge on it and I got it good. $1600 damage for 2 replacement wheels and 2 tires. Ouch!
Better get accustomed to dealing with that because it will happen on a regular basis with that setup. Ridiculous combo for the roads around here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
OSX2000, that looks bad ass! i'd like to hook up sometime and see your setup in person some day.

as for mine, just 15x6.5 MB 5X with michelins.

·
Registered
312 Posts
nice ride guys (edit: and gals *tkcr* :D)... where can i get the step bars? i've been looking at handaaccessories and it says discontinued and no luck on ebay.

i also wanna know if the 8thgen SI rims are direct fit? like plug and play or some mods needed?

please pm me. thanks. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
nice ride guys (edit: and gals *tkcr* :D)... where can i get the step bars? i've been looking at handaaccessories and it says discontinued and no luck on ebay.

i also wanna know if the 8thgen SI rims are direct fit? like plug and play or some mods needed?

please pm me. thanks. :D
I think I read somewhere, possibly even in this thread, that the 8th gen Si wheels will fit but you may have to grind a bit of your caliper down to keep it from rubbing. I read that someone tried it and thought it fit then found it was grinding the rim a tiny bit.

21 - 40 of 902 Posts