Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

861 - 867 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I did a lot of aftermarket "new wheel" looking (within the $200/wheel range).......don't recall seeing any 18" aftermarket wheels that were very close to OEM offset and width AND had the same CRV center bore. All the wheels I looked at had a larger than OEM center bore, including the wheels I bought. Most of the aftermarket wheels I looked at came with new conical seat lug nuts and no hub centric rings. The OEM lug nuts are ball seat....ever so slightly different than conical seat that came with the new wheels.

The more I think about it, I guess the reason hub centric rings didn't come with my new wheels with conical lug nuts is, 2 different entities (centering lug nuts vs centering rings) trying to counteract each other if one or the other or both were off slightly.:unsure:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I decided on some Accord wheels. Same as my oem size of 17", but the rims are 1" wider. The appearance isn't terribly different, maybe looks a little more updated with the machined part and charcoal grey bkgrnd. The big difference, for me, is the tires don't look pinched anymore. It's a pet peeve I guess one could say (I think of my V as more of a car than as a truck). And, didn't want to spend for new size tires, these only have a few k on them.

It certainly has a different 'feel'. More planted, better cornering, firmer suspension. Didn't expect that.

861 - 867 of 867 Posts