Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

241 - 260 of 1026 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry for not replying guys! Yes that picture is with stock suspension. the wheels are 15x7 and have a 3.7" backspacing, i had to use a 10mm spacer on the front aswell as grind a bit of the caliper bracket off. The rears bolted up and fit fine but because the rear suspension was so worn out (270,xxx KM) it sagged a good amount. you can tell the wheel gap difference from the front to the rear, on big bumps the rear would rub a bit. Replaced the rear suspension with new shocks/springs and it was all gone! The tires alone lifted the CRV almost an inch! just waiting on a machinist to finish making me suspension spacers that will give me another 2 inches of lift. The ride is not too much different except for increase road noise (knobbier tire) and i can't really comment on gas mileage because i put the wheels and tires on 1 day before the snow hit so immediately it being winter gave me worse gas mileage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
what's not clearing on the front wheels? the inside of the spokes? is it due to the low offset of the wheel? its tough to find those steel wheels in a higher offset

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry for not replying guys! Yes that picture is with stock suspension. the wheels are 15x7 and have a 3.7" backspacing, i had to use a 10mm spacer on the front aswell as grind a bit of the caliper bracket off. The rears bolted up and fit fine but because the rear suspension was so worn out (270,xxx KM) it sagged a good amount. you can tell the wheel gap difference from the front to the rear, on big bumps the rear would rub a bit. Replaced the rear suspension with new shocks/springs and it was all gone! The tires alone lifted the CRV almost an inch! just waiting on a machinist to finish making me suspension spacers that will give me another 2 inches of lift. The ride is not too much different except for increase road noise (knobbier tire) and i can't really comment on gas mileage because i put the wheels and tires on 1 day before the snow hit so immediately it being winter gave me worse gas mileage.
Thanks for the reply! Yours is definitely my fav CRV of all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
what's not clearing on the front wheels? the inside of the spokes? is it due to the low offset of the wheel? its tough to find those steel wheels in a higher offset
It's more or less the way the backpad of the wheel is designed, becuse of the curvature of the "spokes" there is a ridge on the backside of the spokes that touches the caliper bracket. If i have time ill take pictures of the wheel and where i grinded the caliper tonight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the lowest offset wheel I could run on a 3rd gen V?

It's not what you think, I'm not trying to go for the "hellaflush" look, lol. But the wheels I would like to get has the highest offset of +30mm. I was wondering if this was too low to be used for daily [on road] driving. I was thinking of something around the +40's would be a safer bet, but I would like to know if anybody has personal experience with different sized wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Freshly installed:

-John
This is so nice and it's the look i'm gonna go for. did you also have to modify the front calipers to fit the wheels? your on stock suspension correct? wheel and tire spec please and any other info that i would need to run these

thanks

241 - 260 of 1026 Posts