Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding the Wesin light bar (small loop in the center of the front bumper) to my Gen 3. Since it is a "universal fitment" piece, I'm a little concerned about how well it will fit/flow with the lines of the CRV. Sure, it'll fit, but that doesn't mean it looks right. Anyone have a picture of this installed on their Gen 3? I can't find one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I had seen both of those before, but just can't find a picture of the Westin bar on a Gen 3 anywhere. Surely, someone here has done this.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I don't have the Westin bar, but I have a bull bar on the Vehicle that I bought online from Alfa Otto Parts. It covers most of the front bumper and lights, did it because I live in the city and needed the extra protection from other drivers, past experience with other vehicles regretably never putting one on them, and so it works for me here. I have a single tube rear guard for the back bumper and has definitely paid for itself as has the front bull bar as well. My wife and I will never regret the money we paid for this mod and it was a simple install on my part. I had to modify the rear to attach to the hitch I installed initially, but got help with that from one of the mechanics at work. I installed the HELLA lights on the front of the bull bar and have been happy with it during winter weather and foggy mornings. Of course the OEM fog lights help in this matter during both weather conditions. Here is the picture of what it looks like, you can see others in my pics posted.

I don't have the Westin bar, but I have a bull bar on the Vehicle that I bought online from Alfa Otto Parts. It covers most of the front bumper and lights, did it because I live in the city and needed the extra protection from other drivers, past experience with other vehicles regretably never putting one on them, and so it works for me here. I have a single tube rear guard for the back bumper and has definitely paid for itself as has the front bull bar as well. My wife and I will never regret the money we paid for this mod and it was a simple install on my part. I had to modify the rear to attach to the hitch I installed initially, but got help with that from one of the mechanics at work. I installed the HELLA lights on the front of the bull bar and have been happy with it during winter weather and foggy mornings. Of course the OEM fog lights help in this matter during both weather conditions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dmccjr, thanks for posting that. My CRV looks very similar to yours. Well done! I don't think I'm looking for quite as much on the front end as that, but I definitely like the look. I would love to see what you used for read bumper protection also.

Roman, thanks for posting that. I knew someone had to have it. It seems like it comes up higher than I expected. I thought the top bar would be close to even with the too of the bumper but it looks like its considerably higher than that. Am I correct?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Thanks CIGARGUY,
Yeah I had to go overboard because of the scratches, bumps, knicks, and accidents our other car suffered in 10 years in the NYC streets. This affords me ample protection at an affordable price, better than paying for a private parking lot in each borough. I added the OEM door protectors as well for those that park next to our car even though I try to park as far a possible someone inevitably parks next to me even though there are 50 other spots one can choose from. Front, rear, side, and even roof protection, a joke, but at least my car is the easiest to spot in a parking lot. Hope this has helped. If you want to see more pics click on my username and check out the albums. Here is the pic of the rear bar and a Bully Step bar attached to my HONDA hitch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dmccjr- Your V looks great! I'm in the process of making some very similar mods to my 09 V EX. I have ordered the same grille guard for my V and received assembly instructions but no installation instructions. Is there any way you could help me out??? I've got the guard assembled but i cant figure out how to get it mounted to my V. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to see some pics from where yours is mounted. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts