Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
How did you lift it? I have been thinking about the BDS Kit for a while now as a suspention upgrade and I think that I might get that after I get a job.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Daily driver?

GTCB-chris,
Is this your daily driver or mostly for mudding in the woods?

I would not be that rough on any vehicle unless it was used specifically for that purpose. Just like some women, too much maintenance! :)

I'm sure it is lots of fun!

Refresh my memory, the hydro-lock happened how?

-RG

·
Registered
709 Posts
I like everything but the sticker on the rear...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sticker was made by a local graphics place.
i just lifted my front end, i unfortunately still have 205-75-15s on it, but i have from top of rim to bottom of fender i have 11.5 inches of clearance. its got a good stance, after Christmas ill have some bad ass pictures to put up, im getting a bully bar and mounting lights on it ( not a grille guard but a winch mount bully bar, taken off a chevy silverado)

·
Registered
51 Posts
im getting a bully bar and mounting lights on it ( not a grille guard but a winch mount bully bar, taken off a chevy silverado)
I have got to see this! I'm putting a winch on my V, but I'm taking a westin bar and welding it to the structural bumper with 3/8 steel.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do like the side exhaust pipe.
i had a better version, looked great, it was pretty much flush with my undercarriage, and had a nice wide chrome tip, but that got ripped off a a mud bogg.

hey, i had a 2001 Nissan frontier SEv6, red, 5speed manual with 4wd high/low. towing package. great truck, but family sold it to our neighbor for $8,9000 because they didn't like the idea of my driving a manual truck, with all of our stop and go traffic around here. (i.e they picture me stalling and BAM! 18 wheeler in my chest.) i still get upset, i loved that truck, had it since i was 10 or 11. now i can literally look out of my window as i type this and see the truck, with BFG ATs overd in mud :(..... sorrry bout that. just letting out some pent up emotons.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im the new tim the tool man taylor (reference to home inprovment)

i fabricated it myself. ill give brief instructions, because its quite simple, difficulty level i rated it a ten because of lack of tools and bad ball joints and such. if you can simply compress springs without removing everything besides tires, its should be a level of 3

step one. remove two bolts holding spring strut assembly (under hood)
step two. easy way would be to compress springs, but i had to remove knuckle and all.
step three. place bolt couplings on both bolts (they are a weird metric size, good luck i drove all over myrtle beach (big area) to find them)
step four. place 4 inch (outer) diameter by three inch tall) hard rubber bushing over (of course you have to drill for bolts and have enough of a hole in the middle for the nipple like nut thingy... yeah.
step five. align top of bolt couplings with holed for previous, now longer bolts.
step six. put a nut on a bolt that will fit into coupling ( i.e same thread design and diameter) this nut will be used for tensioning
step seven. tighten top bolts into couplings as far as they will go.
step eight. tighten nut you put on top bolt down to the frame as tight as it will go until bushings are tight against under side of car body
step nine. restore tensions to springs slowly and carefully
step ten. re tighten tensioning nuts, the compression of the springs and car weight should of compressed the bushing some.
step eleven. for added stability and durability i braced the upper bolts, mine were long enough that i went to advance and bought a set of those spring spacers (the ones that have the two black bolts, and two metal plates that can either be cranked to spread or compress springs, sold in sets of two) and placed them in the middle of the two bolts ( on the top end, under hood, not in fender well. duh. i didn't crank them to the point they actually moved the bolts, just tight enough to prevent then bolts on bending inwards on themselves.

i ran into a lot of problems from not having spring compressor tool. i have to re build my cv axles because i accidentally over extended them removing my knuckle.

*side note, use thread locker on all nuts and such, get the red kind

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please do. Who made this lift, and how is it achieved?

Your V is begging for some new tires!!
and yes, i just got new tires as a gift, but they were 205's still. imma put 225s on when these wear out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.