Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can see for these are stickers that go over what you already have. Any leads on actual replacement pillars?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Far as I know, all you can do is replace the "tape" (stickers) since they apply right to the door frame. The old tape has to be removed before applying the new. For the front doors, parts #5 and #6 (for each side).

·
Registered
2011 CR-V SE
31 Posts
Pillars on the Gen 3 CR-V are the painted metal door itself. You have to remove and replace the stickers/trim/garnish.

After a ton of searching for the best method to correct or replace pillar trim, I ended up removing and replacing with the factory garnish from Honda. The job is a major pain and would only be easier if you were willing to replace all the metal chrome trim as well which is expensive.

I detailed the process as best I could in this post including part numbers and tools for the job:

If you have any questions not answered in that thread, ask them and I'll see if I can provide additional information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts