Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been searching for some data on this and this forum kept coming up. After reading a number of articles I thought to join as I just bought my CR-V this week.

I plan on replacing the stereo with one capable of Android Auto but my question is on lane watch. The head unit I plan to get is capable of 2 camera's; a company here in town stated that the 2nd camera could continue to work with a relay.
There in lies my question, has anyone set this up using any head unit? Honestly I'm thinking about doing this myself and that'll lead to another storm of Google-Foo about removing the radio...
However the 2nd camera is really where I start to get lost, anyone heard of doing this?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and I look forward to reading more about CR-V's here.
- Matt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've found some more data on this. I hadn't searched only this forum and just after posting this I did. Rookie mistake, search then post.
If I attempt to do this and am successful I'll post it but this can be ignored.

Sorry -
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a pioneer I'm hoping to install tomorrow and purchased the adapters the vendor recommended. I'm told it will retain both backup and lane watch. I'll post results as soon a I know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool, I found your previous thread and commented on it. ( Sorry for duplicate thread ) I'm very excited to see / hear your results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool, I found your previous thread and commented on it. ( Sorry for duplicate thread ) I'm very excited to see / hear your results.
Forgot to mention, really interested to see if the USB / HDMI pass-through.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly, these didn't work. They're just the wrong connector in the image didn't show him well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi im the planning to install a 4 chanel amp Alpine behind my oem stereo so everything still works the way it should be. Does anyone know where to buy conversion cable so i dont need to tap on the speaker wires. Thanks and ill post the result here when im done with my install

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted this on a few posts that all spoke about steering wheel controls. Just wanted to make sure everyone got it.

Behold I give you steering wheel controls!!!
hehe
Ok so my steering wheel controls are working now on my aftermarket Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. All of the manuals state that the plug behind the AC has a line coming out of wire plug 15, but that does not exist.

So the answer is; Honda moved the Bluetooth controls wire to a 20 plug that's brought directly into the factory radio. On my 2016 CRV I had about 3 Blue, 2 pink, 2 gray and 1 Yellow. The Yellow one is it.
I peeled back the factory tape and spliced the Yellow line to my ASWC-01 Gray / Blue line and that was that.

Image of the 20 pin plug -
https://goo.gl/photos/yLyrcMWPUSt2ULVu7

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to post an update here, I purchased the two items below and have now retained the HDMI and two USB ports on my 2016 CRV EX center console. No more unsightly cables hanging out the bottom. The only issue I had was on the mint green USB I had to trim a small piece of plastic but I Android auto and my wife's Apple carplay now work from the center console USB. I was also able to plug in a Google Chromecast into the HDMI and it works perfect.

Axxess AX-HON-HD1 HDMI Retention Harness for 2014-2015 Honda Civic Vehicles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5CNS11?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

PAC USB-TY1 toyota/Lexus OEM USB Port Retention Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0YJ49O?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this include the ability to set the iMid clock? I'm looking to install an AVX-W4400NEX in a 2016 CR-V EX and I've read some horror stories that after an aftermarket radio is installed, the iMid clock cannot be changed. I've selected the iDataLink Maestro RR as the steering wheel control adapter module (and already soldered to their harness, so I'd like to keep that and not have to buy the PAC if possible).

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
What an amazing coinkidink! I am planning the install for my as yet not chosen head unit that will go in my '07 V in the Spring, and have been following these guys on YouTube for a while, for educational purposes. Interestingly enough, they just yesterday posted the Part 2 video of an install in a '16 V. Somewhere in there, he mentions a solution to the very question you are asking. But I can't remember if it was in the part 1 or part 2 video. I think it was in part 2. But it's in there somewhere. The solution is the same regardless of what head unit you are installing. He talks about something like - if you disconnect your battery at 0100 or 1300 (it doesn't matter as the clock does not differentiate between AM and PM, the hook it back up, it will reset and then keep correct time. Or something like that. Anyway, he definitely talks about it in there somewhere. Hope this helps you out. Here are the links:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5arqRH0gf_M

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS9KTdautM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good day, well shoot. I should have adjusted my wording on that because as you mentioned, the iMid clock can not be changed. As far as the steering wheel controls, that wasn't bad at all. I didn't use the iDatalink but actually bought it at one point then returned it. I had thought I would get the extra data on the radio but it doesn't provide that. However, I've read a number of people that it provided the controls for perfectly.
Back to the clock, for me it wasn't really a big deal as I look at the radio clock anyway.

Did you read the USB / HDMI post? You'll need to get these items to keep your HDMI / USB ports in the middle console. Took me forever to find this, I swear I returned 20 cables to Amazon over the months.
* Axxess AX-HON-HD1 HDMI Retention Harness for 2014-2015 Honda Civic Vehicles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5CNS11?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
* PAC USB-TY1 toyota/Lexus OEM USB Port Retention Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0YJ49O?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, well shoot. I should have adjusted my wording on that because as you mentioned, the iMid clock can not be changed. As far as the steering wheel controls, that wasn't bad at all. I didn't use the iDatalink but actually bought it at one point then returned it. I had thought I would get the extra data on the radio but it doesn't provide that. However, I've read a number of people that it provided the controls for perfectly.
Back to the clock, for me it wasn't really a big deal as I look at the radio clock anyway.

Did you read the USB / HDMI post? You'll need to get these items to keep your HDMI / USB ports in the middle console. Took me forever to find this, I swear I returned 20 cables to Amazon over the months.
* Axxess AX-HON-HD1 HDMI Retention Harness for 2014-2015 Honda Civic Vehicles
* PAC USB-TY1 toyota/Lexus OEM USB Port Retention Cable

I just completed the installation of a AVH-W4400NEX with a Maestro RR and can confirm that the iMid clock DOES synch with the clock on the Pioneer! I also had to trim a bit of plastic on the green USB car-side harness to get it to fit into the USB-TY1 harness, but after that it works flawlessly. I do note that the Pioneer screen is quite bright and doesn't appear to dim with the headlights switching on for some reason. Also, the iMid will state "AUDIO OFF" when it clearly isn't. While it does synch the FM station I'm listening to on the iMid, it's easy to get it to desynch and display "FM 0.0". Sigh. I've reached out to the iDataLink folks to see if they know about this or have a fixed firmware. Not looking forward to removing the radio though because it was a BITCH to push in with the rats nest of harnesses and Maestro!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh wow! that's awesome. I might have to pick one up just for the clock fix. My wife is always giving me a hard time about that. Thanks for reporting back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Pioneer W4500 put in a '16 CR-V; used the Maestro for the steering wheel controls, and the USB cables listed above.
Works much better than the stock unit, but it can be a little flaky.

Once in a while the steering wheel controls won't work, until I restart.
Sometimes I get a warning the parking brake isn't connected correctly, but everything still works fine.
iMid clock doesn't sync.
If I have a clumsy thumb and mash 2 directions at once on the steering wheel controls the iPhone usually disconnects from the wireless CarPlay (and doesn't seem to help to use wired, either).
The ACC keeps switching back to kilometers/hour (I don't know, is there a watch battery somewhere I need to replace?)

So, yeah, a little bit of flakiness, but overall much better than before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts