Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 CRV EX. I want to replace the stock radio with an in-dash unit with bluetooth, disc player for up to six discs, iPod, navigation, rear camera capability, and xm radio capability. I want something that is functional, sounds good, will look like it came with the car, and has good build quality and reliability - like a classic all-metal Nikon. The Rosen unit or the top two Pioneer units look to be the best choices for me.

Your opinions?

Marion

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out rav4world.com, lots of threads about those Rosen / Made in China navigation systems. From reading the threads, the Rosen systems seems to be finicky, freezing and needing to be rebooted a lot. They run Windows CE. They are a lot cheaper than the Pioneers however.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Kenwood DDX814 with a KNA-G510 nav unit and backup camera, Sirrius radio,Check them out.Sounds and looks great!!!!!!!!
Enjoy what you decide on.
Yeah lots of people like Kenwood because they use Garmin navigation system, but with the Pioneers you can mod the firmware I think, check out the AVIC forums.

The OEM navigation doesn't support RDS. Really bugs me. If I had known I would have bought the EX-L ( no navi ) and put in an aftermarket one. Ah well.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.