Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to buy Honda 2021 CR-v EX and HRV EX

Any input on bad experiences or something to watch out for?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
"Bad" can vary between buyers.

Many threads in this section - have a browse :)

HR-V; probably better asking here: Honda HR-V Forum

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,729 Posts
Planning to buy Honda 2021 CR-v EX and HRV EX

Any input on bad experiences or something to watch out for?
Hybrid or 1.5T CR-V?
Where and how you drive, as well as your personal preference, will determine this.
They are both great cars.
Don't know much about the HRV.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
HR-V had delays on the Assembly line a few years back, due to the Floods, it is a Fits chasses and engine, sits lower and has touch-sensitive buttons that we all know works quite well with Moisture. As you look at the differences of the cars, you'll see the carpet will win you over on the V. but the size wins me over on the HR-V.

We the site and members can offer our opinion, keep in mind the next gen is with changes on the HR-V, I look at hte Sport HR-V very catchy indeed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had the 2021 crv ex-l since Jan. 12k miles now. Great vehicle! Looked at hrv. Didn't like the lack of trunk space.
This is our 5th crv.
Had 3 Pilots too 04, 08 and 13. Great cars.
I get abt 40 mpg usually.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,025 Posts
The bad: Both are 5+ year old designs. If you buy one now.. you get an antique from a technology perspective, but you do get proven designs with most bugs worked out.

Generally though, they have been solid designs, with few issues, other than the HRV being fairly unrefined (by traditional Honda standards) compared to some of it's competition.

The good: Both HRV and CRV are just about ready to roll into production with next generation versions. Of course, a new generation generally presents a few weaknesses in design (for all brands, not just Hondas), but that IS what the factory warranty is for.

If it were me, given the short supply and high demand (thus premium pricing) in the market for both vehicles right now, and the fact that they are really old designs (by today's standards)... I would wait until 2022 if I did not absolutely have to have a new vehicle right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts