Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of the plastic covers on each side of the undercarriage? Is it OK to remove (one is busted)?. How much and how hard to replace?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Should help with protecting parts of the undercarriage from road debris and such. I would assume it's ok to remove leaving components exposed if you choose to. Don't know cost to replace.

·
Registered
510 Posts
They are there to smooth the airflow at highway speed - you get an extra one MPG at 90KMH (55MPH) in theory if the air flow has no places to create the wrong turbulence.

Most of the online Honda dealers have parts catalogs with pictures and pricing - most have snap in the center (press to lock) fasteners and some might have 1 or 2 10MM bolt to hold it to the chassis. I have not done the CR-V but my 2007 Civic had to have them replaced - was about $100 for all of them as someone who owned the car before me went off roading in it and tore the plastic covers to shreads and dented the muffler in half - got the civic for about 1/2 of the value at the time - I knew I could fix the cosmetic damage cheaply - you could see the muffler hanging about 1 inch off the ground. Got the muffler and tailpipe at an LKQ and it was only $200 with a cat on it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
What is the purpose of the plastic covers on each side of the undercarriage? Is it OK to remove (one is busted)?. How much and how hard to replace?
what is the year of the crv and take a couple pics of the panel you speak of and we'll post up the part # so you can remove and replace :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts