Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Honda:

Please bring back the functional ability (like our old and dearly departed 2010 CRV had) to use the privacy cover (our couresty cover as some call it which was hard and sturdy in the 2010 version) as a shelf. Our family LOVED that feature the 2010 offered. Sad to see our new 2015 CRV still doesn't have this useful ability brought back!!!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Dear Honda:

Please bring back the functional ability (like our old and dearly departed 2010 CRV had) to use the privacy cover (our couresty cover as some call it which was hard and sturdy in the 2010 version) as a shelf. Our family LOVED that feature the 2010 offered. Sad to see our new 2015 CRV still doesn't have this useful ability brought back!!!!
My buddies '07 had that and I thought it was pretty cool. I'd love to have that in my '13.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I totally agree. My 2011 has it, and I cannot see a single reason why it was discontinued.
Money. Most questions that start with "why don't they..." can usually be answered by "Money".

The shelf itself, and producing the side panels with the supports built in cost more.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Money. Most questions that start with "why don't they..." can usually be answered by "Money".

The shelf itself, and producing the side panels with the supports built in cost more.
Surely true in some cases but not always. The shelf was great. So was the upper glove box. And the rear 12v outlet. Been replaced by useless fake chrome and other stuff. Oh well. That's life.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would guess there is no way the retractable cover offered in place of the hard shelf is cheaper also there are supports for the retractable cover.

Those shelfs are in the mold for the panel and likely cost a big fat $0 over not having shels

I am sure honda did a VOC (voice of the customer) study and found that people would like to stow the cover better.

I for one don't even use the retractable cover as it reduces storage space, its currently on a shelf in the basement

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess cost could have been an issue. If so, it would be nice to possibly have a hard shelf as an option we could buy from the dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts