Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but not to the vast knowledge of the community contained in the community via forums. I was changing the oil on my 2004 Honda CR-V a few days ago and saw a plug dangling from the backside of the engine. It sits to the right of the oil filter (if you're looking at the engine from underneath the vehicle) and somewhat higher by about an inch.

It appears that the sensor boot/connector had been ripped or broken (probably by me when I did the last oil change). I took a couple photos. Can anyone tell me what this sensor is? It is not causing a check engine light as far as I can tell. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it looks like it is the oil pressure sensor, but the plug seems to be 'torn' when I looked at the inside of the boot. Any idea if the sensor comes with the wire and boot as well as the sensor? Or is the sensor separate? It appears to be separate on the Honda part website.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,171 Posts
Are you sure that the top part of the sensor isn't still stuck inside the boot? Doesn't look damaged in your pictures.

Once you remove that (a hook tool, needle nose pliers, or pick, perhaps) the plug should fit onto the new sensor.

PS: Aren't you getting an oil pressure warning on the dash? Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
yeap just the oil pressure switch and it's broken off. there should be a little threaded stud sticking out of the sensor that the boot/wire plugs onto. The boot and wire is part of the main engine harness.

My guess is someone wasnt paying attention and getting rough when changing the oil filter and broke it off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's hard to tell if there's something stuck inside the boot, but it seems to me that it is torn or ripped off. There's no check engine light associated with this sensor. It's completely not connected and will not stay on the sensor. Now does this look like the Oil Sender or is it an Oil Sensor? Also If I were to get the boot and wire does everyone think it's could be spliced into the wiring harness? I'm not sure what to do now which part it exactly is. Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
It’s the oil pressure switch. Without it your oil pressure light on the gauge cluster should be lit. There is a piece broken off and stuck in the connector. It’s supposed to look like this.
Product Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.