Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I would appreciate any help.
I am in NZ and having trouble finding a replacement Right-hand, rear shock for a 2007 without going to Honda NZ who want over $800 for a "genuine" part. The chassis number is RE3-1005976 and the number on the label attached to the shock is 52610-SWA-E040-M1.

I have attached a photo of the shock and you will see that the lower part of the shock has an arm attached to an 'L' shaped bracket which goes towards the rear of the car and attaches to a sensor. I have know idea what the sensor does. The replacement shock my garage ordered does not have this bracket so he says I will have to pay Hondas price for the original part.

Can anyone know of a KYB, Munroe etc part number I can use?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put the Honda OE # into Google Search and one website in Japan shows exactly the shock you are looking for, picture included, lower part of the shock has the bracket welded into the shock. The problems you may encounter are shipping cost from Japan to NZ and non-return policy. So it may be better buy locally in case of anything wrong after installation, you can go back to the same shop which supplied the shock for warranty. Good Luck.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,069 Posts
Also hate to say this, but you SHOULD replace shocks as an axle set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts