Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hit a pot hole then a curb, my car now leans towards the right, took off the wheel and the big spring is compressed. I'm posting pics, anyone have any ideas? Can my Dad and I fix this? Any advice would be appreciated. 2000 crv all wheel drive. Auto part Pipe Suspension part Suspension Wheel

Auto part Disc brake Wheel Tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Yes it is. Not to worry. From the looks of it, the strut or spring is toast. I would suggest to replace the whole assembly for safety sake. Get the whole assembly as the spring & strut in one package. Replace the left & the right side.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks like the A-arm may have rammed through the fender. Do you see anything from the top in the engine compartment? I'd take it to a shop for a quote.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Your upper control arm is jammed against your fender. There's a silly weld that lowered CRVs always get hung up on. If you can manage to free the arm from the spot it's wedged against, it should come back down.

But be careful, it's under a lot of pressure.

Once it's free'd, you'll have to inspect the alignment, as it will definitely need some adjustment, and possibly some replaced parts.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would suggest putting the tire back on, and then bounce it or pound the a-arm with a rubber malet.

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
Safely support the vehicle with a jack stand, leave the tire off, place a floor jack under the lower control arm with a half inch to one inch clearance between the jack and the control arm, get a big a*s pry bar and work the upper control arm out from where it is hung up. You may have to readjust the jack a couple of times before it releases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts