Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the CEL come on and I took to the shop and they read these two codes. Said I needed to replace the O2 Sensor in bank one. I changed that and CEL still came on after clearing the codes. Then I check the LAF fuse that powers the O2 Sensor and CEL still came on. Then I replaced the gas cap. CEL still on. I'm super confused and not sure what else I can do to get rid of these codes. Is there anyone that can help?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Since replacing the 02 sensor and having the code cleared, P0135, it came back with the same code of P0135?

As for the P0498, its probably more than the gas cap sorry to say. It generally refers to one of these items being the problem.

- Faulty EVAP Canister Vent Valve
- Faulty EVAP Canister Purge valve
- Plugged EVAP canister condition
- Faulty EVAP Pressure Sensor
- EVAP Canister Vent Valve harness is open or shorted
- EVAP Canister Vent Valve circuit poor electrical connection

P1456 is generally the code for a bad gas cap.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Poor diagnosis by shop makes me question their ability.
It's never a bad idea if car running ok to clear codes and see what happens. Cheap code readers are well worth owning.
I've had codes alarm, car doing fine clear code and it's never come back. Last time it suggested bad cat. Cleared code it returned only to disappear.
Maybe an electric glitch or car fails to "boot up" correctly.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I recently had the CEL come on and I took to the shop and they read these two codes. Said I needed to replace the O2 Sensor in bank one. I changed that and CEL still came on after clearing the codes. Then I check the LAF fuse that powers the O2 Sensor and CEL still came on. Then I replaced the gas cap. CEL still on. I'm super confused and not sure what else I can do to get rid of these codes. Is there anyone that can help?
No answer, but some questions.
Is the CRV running OK?
Was the LAF fuse OK, or was it blown?
What code is it now, since you had two to start with.
Does it show one or two codes now?
If you changed the O2 sensor yourself, what brand was it? Denso is the preferred one.
Was it the upstream O2 sensor or the downstream O 2 sensor?
This info may help get better responses.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No answer, but some questions.
Is the CRV running OK?
Was the LAF fuse OK, or was it blown?
What code is it now, since you had two to start with.
Does it show one or two codes now?
If you changed the O2 sensor yourself, what brand was it? Denso is the preferred one.
Was it the upstream O2 sensor or the downstream O 2 sensor?
This info may help get better responses.
Buffalo4
Thanks for asking!

CRV is running great and totally normal
LAF fuse was ok and not blown but I replaced anyway
Same codes, PO135 and PO498
Still shows both codes
I used the Denso OEM O2 sensor when I replaced myself
I am not sure if it was upstream or downstream. It was the one attached to the engine manifold in the front of the car. Not near the exhaust or under the car.

I would really appreciate any ideas or help! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
560 Posts
check the resistance of the 2 black wires on the car side of 02 sensor, you could have a faulty pcm if the wires and sensor is good.

as for the p0498 check the wires on the plug going to the canister, specially near the clip that holds the harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
check the resistance of the 2 black wires on the car side of 02 sensor, you could have a faulty pcm if the wires and sensor is good.

as for the p0498 check the wires on the plug going to the canister, specially near the clip that holds the harness
Thanks downloader!

What is the resistance supposed to be on the 2 black wires? Are there any other symptoms I would be having if my PCM is faulty?

Could you describe where the canister is? How would I know if the wires are bad? If they are bad how do I replace? Is that a big job to have Honda take care of or something that can be done myself?

Thank You!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts