Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a red '10 crv yesterday with both front and back bumper guard installed. I think I saw the side step too.. Don't quite remember tho.
anyway, these guards were black, not the chrome type.
Front look something like this. .
http://www.carid.com/2010-honda-cr-v-grill-guards/item-60400.html
and the back ::
http://www.carid.com/2010-honda-cr-v-grill-guards/bumper-guards-82901.html

Imo, i def. like the front guard that covers the head lights too. looks mean. but not too hot about the rear. So just figure what's your take on that configuration.?.?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Unless you are driving on a working ranch, the bars say (to me) "I am a bad driver and tend to hit things" and "I am insecure about myself and the car I bought and I need something to make me feel better". Just my take on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
IMO front grill guard looks mean and tough but some minor impacts can push the entire guard back enough to damage the hood/lights. I prefer the low profile bumper guards.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol!!
Unless you are driving on a working ranch, the bars say (to me) "I am a bad driver and tend to hit things" and "I am insecure about myself and the car I bought and I need something to make me feel better". Just my take on it.
I agree that in a way these guards are impractical. I mean, the bumper is already in place to be 'bump', to proctect the car, to absorb the minor impact to the car. What aggreX said is so true. it might do more damage than protect. it could bend / dent. but the bumper would just 'pop' back up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ditto, those things are so dumb. Besides the rear bumper bar bolts on where the hitch bolts on, so you have to choose one or the other and obviously the hitch is the more useful choice, for towing, bragging rights, and the reason Bill in Houston said. And if you have a hitch somebody will his that and mess up their bumper, your's is still protected. (beware that this also takes away the crumple zone and could be worse in certain more serious crash scenarios).

I was rear ended by a civic, had I had the hitch on at the time, or had a bumper guard on, the poor girl in the civic would be buying a new front end body kit. Instead she just slipped under my bumper, and my plastic put a little skuff in her paint, and as for my car you couldn't see an impact with a microscope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts