Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a new issue with my 2001 CRV. When I accelerate, first off is sluggish and bogs down a bit, but the check engine light comes on, then after i can a little speed the car runs good and the engine light fades away, until the next stop light, autozone gave me a printout with code P0304, I have yet to do anything so far, my main question, is what could this be and my next step in diagnosing, i was thinking fuel, because it comes and goes and is only on cylinder 4, any other ideas? also just to add this problem is constant on either a cold or warm engine, and happens quite frequently. thanks in advance for your help =)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Think that is a missfire code. When was the last time it had a tune up or a valve adjustment? It could be the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, valves or distributor bearings. The valves would be the worst because as they get older the valves don't close all the way and will start to burn as the combustion gases pass through the crack. That can be a lot of money to fix because the head has to be removed from the engine. The distributor bearing would be the second most expensive because that is usually easiest to just change the distributor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts