Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we've recently noticed that the lights are very poor on dipped lights, has anyone had this issue.
Thanks Paul.

·
Enforcer
1,887 Posts
Might be worth either replacing the bulbs.

And if you have a machine/DA polisher, perhaps glaze over the headlamps and clean those too.

Do you have any pics of the exterior of your headlights? That might help too.

Mods - please leave this thread in the UK forum, since its specific to UK cars

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've replaced the bulbs but it doesn't seem to have done anything,and no glaze over the glass will post a picture tomorrow 👍

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
2,435 Posts
Are "dipped lights" the same as "low beams" in the US? Or something else?

Reactions: Sal Marciano

·
Registered
991 Posts
Upgrade to HID. They're awesome, even better than Gen4 HID.

·
Enforcer
1,887 Posts
Problem in the UK if you swap to HID is the annual MOT test.

If the car doesnt have factory fitted headlight washers and self levelling mechanism installed, its a fail and the car is not permitted to be driven on the road.

Get a pic of your headlights and we'll be able to determine/help what you need buddy. 👍

·
Registered
991 Posts
No, I mean the OEM HIDs. You'll need the auto adjuster and washers as well but it's doable.

·
Enforcer
1,887 Posts
No, I mean the OEM HIDs. You'll need the auto adjuster and washers as well but it's doable.
But those will not be wired up to the OEM self levelling system, so the car would fail its MOT because of that.

Non-starter I'm afraid.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I asked for an offer to legally "HID" my daily driver and it was €500 for headlight conversion to HID projector and self levelling system. I would need to add headlight washers. That's not hard or expensive.

Back to the topic: over here all CR-Vs (halogen included) are equipped with factory headlight washers. My suggestion is half-assed if this is not the case in the UK.

·
Enforcer
1,887 Posts
Back to the topic: over here all CR-Vs (halogen included) are equipped with factory headlight washers. My suggestion is half-assed if this is not the case in the UK.
Your suggestion is perfectly fine if the OP's car does indeed have HIDs as standard equipment.

The concern I have is that since the OP hasnt specifically noted that he has HIDs infers he has standard halogen headlights. I know that 3rd Gen CR-Vs, both with and without HIDs had headlight washers.

Retrofitting isnt the issue per se. The issue arises at the annual MOT check since the specification of the car will denote no HIDs when delivered/at spec and the lack of the self levelling system will render the car an MOT fail, and thus, not allowed to be driven on the road until the self levelling system/original headlamps are reinstated. 🙂👌

·
Registered
991 Posts
Okay. Assumed once the requirements (auto level adjustment + headlight washers) are met the MOT is also okay with the conversion.

·
Enforcer
1,887 Posts
Okay. Assumed once the requirements (auto level adjustment + headlight washers) are met the MOT is also okay with the conversion.
If the compliance is done correctly, yes, it will pass the MOT - but most people here only change the lights and fail to install the self levelling system and thats when they get caught out.

·
Registered
991 Posts
If the compliance is done correctly, yes, it will pass the MOT - but most people here only change the lights and fail to install the self levelling system and thats when they get caught out.
I've been quite vigilant on the crapness of PnP conversions so far.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Registered
991 Posts
You do have headlight washers. Now if you could get a set of OEM HID headlights from a scrapyard you would only need to install the level sensor ($15 in Aliexpress) and linkage (could not find CR-V linkage in Ali, but Toyota one was $7.32) in the rear suspension and run the wire to the headlights. I'm sure there's plenty to google.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,629 Posts
Sorry, DK. No vehicle issues allowed in these sections. Moved to Gen 3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts