Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Based on previous 5-year cycles, in the U.S. I was expecting a new Gen6 CRV for 2021.

But given the current pandemic, in the U.S. maybe Honda will continue Gen5 production for a shorter-than-normal 2021 model year.

Then, introduce the new 2022 Gen6 CRV earlier-than-normal, in late Spring or early Summer of 2021.

Anyway, that's my guess.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It does not have to be the most expensive model. Higher level of equipment is normal for non-US models. CR-V is considered a mid range SUV and equipped as such. No reflector halogen headlights even in the base configuration etc.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
Based on previous 5-year cycles, in the U.S. I was expecting a new Gen6 CRV for 2021.

But given the current pandemic, in the U.S. maybe Honda will continue Gen5 production for a shorter-than-normal 2021 model year.

Then, introduce the new 2022 Gen6 CRV earlier-than-normal, in late Spring or early Summer of 2021.

Anyway, that's my guess.
I have always anticipated that gen6 would come in the 2022 model year. It may be an early release.. as in summer of 2021 (Honda does that sometimes), but it will be a 2022 model year.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,203 Posts
The video posted by the OP seems to be a 5th Gen with some "other" regions features.

Reactions: HondaVet7

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,202 Posts
Honda CR-V from Indonesia.

Nothing "2021" about it all. Just regional differences from what I can see.

Reactions: HondaVet7

·
Registered
2021 EX-L, 1.5T
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing "2021" about it all. Just regional differences from what I can see.
Yeah, I'm starting to doubt it too. Is there ANY country that would be releasing the 2021 this early?

Also, per williamsji comment, I was talking to a Honda tech at my dealership (American) who told me that Honda was going to do a "complete redesign" for 2022. I don't know what he meant by "complete redesign".
Acadia

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,202 Posts
With the Hybrid only now landing in US shores, notwithstanding the virus impact, I dont see any 6th Gen arriving until 2023.

Possibly later, depending on this COVID-19 situation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
But this is not American and has to be the most expensive model:

Acadia
Very nice! I like:
Electric folding outside mirrors (narrow streets in Europe)
Leather knee pad on front consolde
Audio system upgraded from 7" to 9" with physical buttons and faster reaction time
Panoramic sunroof
3 row seating
Paddle shifters to simulate a geared transmission
No Qi charger OUS it looks like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.