Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters 2000 crv 2.0 engine appears to have a broken timing belt. I am an old school mechanic, worked on some cars, power sports equipment and had a small engine business for some years. I am about to start pulling the engine appart, and have the basic understanding of repairs. I also have haynes and chilton manuals for her car. Can you guys give me any advice on areas of concern before I begin. Also is there a good place to by valves etc .
Thanks any advice would be appreciated
Gordon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Before you start tearing the engine down. Have you replaced the timing belt 1st then do a compression test?
No I have not tryed changing the timing belt yet.

My daughter said the engine quit suddenly, she tryed cranking the motor a few times. A friend of hers said that the cam shaft were not turning. My assumption is that I have bent valves etc. with the broken timing belt. From what I've read is that the 2.0 is an interference engine. Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Gordon

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Yes, it is an Interference engine. Sometimes you will get lucky. Install a new timing belt & manually turn the engine , see if you get good compression.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Yes, it is an Interference engine. Sometimes you will get lucky. Install a new timing belt & manually turn the engine , see if you get good compression. Let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.