Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an easy one to explain, at least. I can use the power locks (by toggling the power locks switch on the inside of the door), but only when they key is in the ignition and turned past state 0. If the keys are off (or out), the power locks do not work at all (and they don't work from the button on the key, either).

Now, for some context. I recently removed an aftermarket deck to put another one in. I can't get the new deck to turn on, so I'm wondering if I shorted something. However, this may be a red herring because the other day (before I noticed this issue), my wife told me that she could no longer use the buttons on the key (as if the key battery was done). This was before I removed the deck. However, this may also be a red herring!

Anyhow, I'm at a loss as to what to check or to do. I'm happy to answer any questions or try to provide more context, but I'm not quite sure what else to say.

Oh, another thing: whenever I turn the key to position 1, the electronics turn on but the needles start vibrating. They settle down and then stop after a few seconds. I've never had any troubles starting the car. The battery light does not come on. Just for kicks I went and picked up a brand new battery, and I'm still having the same issues.

Thanks for any advice.

Car: 2005 Honda CRV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, some more troubleshooting results:

I managed to get power to my new stereo deck. What I'm noticing is that it resets each time I turn the ignition off and turn it back on. This is related to the fact that the needles vibrate when I turn the car on. So it's like the electronics are resetting because it's like the battery was disconnected. Except, I just put a brand new battery in. So maybe the alternator is going, I don't know. The battery light isn't coming on at all (at least, not yet).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts