Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Canada only the touring trim gets BSI and all other models get lanewatch. I was wondering if there is any way to add BSI to my EX-L.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry yes I am referring to blind spot indicators. Do the sensors mount in bumper or body panel? I will have to check for wiring first to see if it is even possible to add sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there! Did you find out if it's possible to add BSI in 2017 CRV EX-L? How much?

I really want BSI rather then Lanewatch but not willing to spend for Touring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi there! Did you find out if it's possible to add BSI in 2017 CRV EX-L? How much?

I really want BSI rather then Lanewatch but not willing to spend for Touring.
The 2017 CR-V does not have Lanewatch; instead, you have the whole Honda Sensing package including BSI in every trim starting at EX and up.

Oops read further back and discussing Canadian version. Ignore me! I don't know about Canadian versions. But hey does that mean in the US we get something that's not on the Canadian versions instead of the usual other way around I've seen discussed?

·
Registered
600 Posts
The 2017 CR-V does not have Lanewatch; instead, you have the whole Honda Sensing package including BSI in every trim starting at EX and up.

Oops read further back and discussing Canadian version. Ignore me! I don't know about Canadian versions. But hey does that mean in the US we get something that's not on the Canadian versions instead of the usual other way around I've seen discussed?
Yes we do.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Adding it would be a challenge. Parts-wise, you'll need sensors for either side of the rear bumper, new mirrors, whatever wiring is needed to support the system (don't know if they kept the same harness), and a tech with excellent HDS-fu to convince the computer to use it. In fact, before digging into this too far, you really should find a friendly dealer tech (or independent mechanic that owns the official Honda tool) to figure out if it's even possible to re-program the computer to accept it. (I guess you could check to see if the BCM part number is the same between the trims with and without BSM; if it's the same part number, then BSM is likely feature that can be toggled on.)

I think we got BSM in EX/EX-L because Consumer Reports made a bit of a fuss about LaneWatch not being nearly as useful as it looks. (I happen to agree; I find the blind spot on my left to be much harder to check than the one on the right.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I'm in Canada and EX-L has Lanewatch on passenger side but no blind spot indicator (BSI).
So anyone knows if BSI can be added in Canadian 2017 CRV EX-L? How much?

I asked the sales person and he said no. Only backup sensor can be added. But i will ask the service dept later. My rationale is if in US EX-L has BSI then maybe it can be an add-on in Canadian model.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The salesman said "no" because it's not a standard dealer-added option. That doesn't mean it isn't possible, but if you pay dealership labor rates to do the work, it's going to be way more than you want to pay. (I'd be surprised if the labor charges were under eight hours, given that it's going to be a very non-standard procedure, and require quite a bit of research before the work even starts.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
OEM BSI would be a very expensive add on.

The driver's rear radar sensor alone is listed at $976 USD. Add in the other radar sensor, sensor brackets, mirrors, etc and your North of $1600 USD. If wiring is required, add another $300. ...and that's just some of the parts.

Gosher makes a good aftermarket BSI system.

I have the BSDS-00316P kit installed in my wife's 09 Civic. I customized it with the BSI indicators and ON/Off switch from a 2013 Odyssey.

The newer BSDS-RD1108 kit doesn't require drilling the bumpers to mount the sensors. It's supposed to have much better detection and less false signal than the kit I have. If the 17 CRV mirrors with BSI indicators can be used with it, it'll look like an OEM option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks folks! Wow that's complicated for me. I've spoken to the dealership and they were able to give me a great deal on Touring! So I'm going to be a Touring owner soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, nice! what is your great deal on a Touring? interested to see how much you're paying so that I know what to negotiate;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts