Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife would like to enter travel data into our 2017 CRV, but of course this is not allowed when we are moving. Is there any way to disable this useless safety feature since my wife is not driving the car?

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
no there isn't.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
No. The car has no idea who is driving, and Honda does not want to be part of a lawsuit where somebody wants Honda to pay because their user interface required diverting too much attention from the road.

"Safety Feature Inconvenient to Me" =/= "Useless Safety Feature"

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts
My wife would like to enter travel data into our 2017 CRV, but of course this is not allowed when we are moving. Is there any way to disable this useless safety feature since my wife is not driving the car?
Have you tried voice commands?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Legally... no.

Illegally.. yes... with HondaHack

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Hondahack allows you to bypass that safety feature. I get it that your wife is the passenger and that it would be safe but I can assure you that one day sooner or later your going to try it by yourself and the one time I did it I almost rear ended a vehicle that stopped suddenly. It’s your choice what you want to do with your car but the consequences could be life changing.

Rob

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you start bypassing stuff, it is easy to forget and when you OR someone else is driving, the consequences can surely be very serious. Though, I am first to agree on the frustration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts