Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a set of instructions out there where all I need is the push to start button? Strapping the kid in the back while the wife does last minute in house things, it would make it a lot easier if I could just push the button instead of physically being in the driver seat.

I considered one of the Viper Push to start systems, but I read it'll shut off when the door opens - is that true?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Am I the only one who feels uneasy about people starting a car when they're not in the driver's seat ready to control it?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Is there a set of instructions out there where all I need is the push to start button? Strapping the kid in the back while the wife does last minute in house things, it would make it a lot easier if I could just push the button instead of physically being in the driver seat.

I considered one of the Viper Push to start systems, but I read it'll shut off when the door opens - is that true?
The Honda system works that way, aftermarket don't.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you live it colder climates it is common to reach in and start the car then clean off the snow and scrape the windows. Since you can shut it off unless it is in park I don't see the problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The aftermarket for the wife's 2013 requires a fib be inserted somewhere within the dash. It's freezing outside and often in Winter our cars get iced over. If you can't start the de thawing process, your only option is to slowly and carefully chip away around the drivers door. The CRV stays in the garage at night but is exposed to the elements all day while she works as a nurse. The black jeep sits outside throughout winter but has auto start and cold weather options that turn on the defrost and heat seats and hear the climate control system. I wish the foul Winter weather here didn't have the drastic effect on our daily lives but alas it does.

Her car will not move out of Park without the brake being pushed.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don't actually have to sit in the seat to press the brake pedal. Stick your foot in to press in the brake and push the start button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts