Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow CR-V owners,

This is my first post. Please be kind to me :)

My CR-V (4WD LX 5MT) seems to have a vacuum leak. The idle speed fluctuates very dramatically when the engine is cold, sometimes almost stalls when I take my foot off the gas, and when I put my foot on the brake to start my car after leaving it overnight, all of the vacuum assist has drained from the brake system.

More details about the idle speed: My car really doesn't want to start on cool (60F) mornings. It turns over several times before finally starting up. Once it's running, it idles incredibly high (around 2000-2200 rpm). This makes it slightly more difficult to drive because the idle speed is not where I expect it to be, so I often end up accidentally revving the engine up to 4-5K rpm accidentally. Additionally, if I'm have the A/C on and I take my foot off the gas (mainly while stopped but it has also happened a few times while moving), the rpm's will drop down into the 5-600 range and my car will almost stall before the car "catches itself" and brings the idle speed back up to the normal 8-900.

How do I go about diagnosing this problem, and if it is in fact a vacuum leak, how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Dylan

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? What is the level of coolant in the radiator? Condition of the coolant? Check the vacuum hose that goes to the brake vacuum booster it could be bad. How is brake? when the engine is running fine & idling properly how is the brake pedal is it normal like soft to depress with proper vacuum in the brake system? Let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts