Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having previously owned a 1.6 i-DTEC EX I am keen to return to a Honda and get into an EX Spec hybrid. I am only at the test-drive stage at the moment but would appreciate any tips/insight as to whether there are any known issues with the car that I need to watch for? It will be brand new.

Would also appreciate any general opinions on the car, in particular from folks who may also have owned an i-DTEC - how do they compare comfort and drive wise?

Thank you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I spent over two years tring hybrids and I think the CRV was the best
Only 2 things I am unhappy about
Not getting the my honda dongle to work
Also poor quality application of the autoglym auto shine product

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying. Can I ask what the dongle is as I am not sure.

Does the CR-V now have the auto locking feature where the doors lock once you start driving?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum
the dongle is needed to make my honda work but is not a deal breaker
No auto locking
a lot of good info on here

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Having previously owned a 1.6 i-DTEC EX I am keen to return to a Honda and get into an EX Spec hybrid. I am only at the test-drive stage at the moment but would appreciate any tips/insight as to whether there are any known issues with the car that I need to watch for? It will be brand new.

Would also appreciate any general opinions on the car, in particular from folks who may also have owned an i-DTEC - how do they compare comfort and drive wise?

Thank you.
I test drove the Hybrid before settling on the 1.5T CVT instead.

So I guess, the first thing I would ask is - why do you want a Hybrid?

My last CR-V was the 2.2 i-DTEC, but since reducing travel, I wasnt too bothered with emissions or fuel economy. I just found the 1.5T CVT more to my liking and of course, cheaper than and quicker to get than the Hybrid, so thats what I went for.

Dont get me wrong, the CR-V Hybrid is a superb machine - far better than the crappy RAV4 and its hideously cheap French interior.

But if you arent chasing emissions reductions etc, then theres no reason the 1.5T would be any worse. Keep your options open 👍

·
Registered
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
5 Posts
Regarding the auto door lock feature, I have a 2020 CRV Hybrid (purchased in March 2020). It's the Touring level and it does have the auto door locking feature. Doors lock immediately on engaging drive or reverse and unlock when the transmission is placed in the Park mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I test drove the Hybrid before settling on the 1.5T CVT instead.

So I guess, the first thing I would ask is - why do you want a Hybrid?

My last CR-V was the 2.2 i-DTEC, but since reducing travel, I wasnt too bothered with emissions or fuel economy. I just found the 1.5T CVT more to my liking and of course, cheaper than and quicker to get than the Hybrid, so thats what I went for.

Dont get me wrong, the CR-V Hybrid is a superb machine - far better than the crappy RAV4 and its hideously cheap French interior.

But if you arent chasing emissions reductions etc, then theres no reason the 1.5T would be any worse. Keep your options open 👍
True, I'll consider that. To be honest I regret selling the 1.6 i-DTEC and have actually considered taking a step back and getting another one of those. They really are excellent cars even if the tech and interior is a little dated now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regarding the auto door lock feature, I have a 2020 CRV Hybrid (purchased in March 2020). It's the Touring level and it does have the auto door locking feature. Doors lock immediately on engaging drive or reverse and unlock when the transmission is placed in the Park mode.
Interesting - I need to find out definitively whether the UK versions have this functionality. I am looking at the EX model potentially.

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Interesting - I need to find out definitively whether the UK versions have this functionality. I am looking at the EX model potentially.
I have the EX model in 1.5T guise. Pretty sure the auto-lock is not a feature as the CR-Vs in the UK have no legal requirement to have this feature as far as I am aware.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,065 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Shopping & Test Driving section, as vehicle-related posts are not allowed in this section, per the instructions on the main page.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, after much searching I landed myself an 18 plate 1.6 i-DTEC EX today. Same car as I had before, and regretted selling the minute I parted with it. Hoping to collect next Friday and give it a quick oil and filter change as I like knowing that's been done properly.

Can anyone remind me what the correct grade of oil is for this car? I 'think' it's 0W-30 fully synthetic?

Will be sticking hold of this one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts