Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potential new owner

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Possibly a little premature but I shall be looking to change my car before the end of the year and the CRV Hybrid is in my short list as a replacement. I’m hoping to gain a little understanding of the model and any pitfalls that I may encounter should I decide to purchase.

#4 ·
tyre noise
Thanks for that, ‘CRV4575’. I could live with that and I have watched loads of road tests on Youtube which lead me to think I would enjoy the way it drives.

The only concern I have so far are the reports, from the USA particularly, about oil dilution on the 1.5 litre engine. Realistically, another contender on my short list is its obvious competitor, the RAV4 and Toyota’s reliability is second to none - a 5-year warranty being testimony to that reputation. If the oil dilution problem has been resolved and is now no longer an issue, then I am otherwise sufficiently confident in Honda’s engineering to overlook the less than generous warranty.

#3 ·
Welcome!

First thing I would ask - why Hybrid? Why not petrol?

Both the petrol 1.5T (which I have) and the 2.0 Hybrid that many others here on this site have, are bullet proof machines that will last forever.

The only pitfall, if there is one, is if you go with a lower/lowest spec model, and then wish you had features of the higher spec's. For that reason alone, I would suggest you look higher up the spec-range and see what floats your boat!

#5 ·
why Hybrid? Why not petrol?
Thanks for the welcome, ’TheDarkKnight’, and I think I’d prefer the clever tech and easy, relaxed driving experience of the hybrid plus the fuel economy without really trying.
I’m used to having all the gadgets and gizmos in my cars along with the state of the art safety kit so I will most certainly be looking at the range topping model.

#12 ·
we didn't try the Rav4 for 2 reasons
it has got a black headliinng and the passenger seat hasn't got height adjustment
even with a full moonroof the corrolla was like sitting in a darken room and looking a letterbox it had a very small windscreen
I have been trying hybrids for a least 2 years and driving my wife mad

#13 ·
If you go down the PCP route, you can bet your bottom dollar the RAV4 will have a lower GFV and a higher balloon payment at the end of the term.

Also, when you do get around to test driving both, you will quickly discover how cheap, scratchy and nasty the RAV4 interior is. It really is awful for a car that commands a start price of £32k or more.

The CR-V is leagues above it. And considering its the inside where you sit, the CR-V, 1.5T or Hybrid, absolutely clobbers the RAV4 dead beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.