Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really miss the rear power outlet in the cargo area of my 2015.

The owner's manual illustrated a cargo area outlet. Is it really there? The manual also shows the lane change camera, so I am wondering if the outlet is there or just a "typo". I test drove one and have a AWD Touring on order, but forgot to look as I did not expect to find one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Don't see one in any of the pictures online and don't think I saw one in all the shopping I've been doing in the past week. Our 2004 CR-V has one but I've never used it so it's no loss for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went back to the owner's manual and read that this is on Canadian models only.

Sorry for the incorrect posting.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I wonder if the wiring for the rear outlet is still there, and if so, if the appropriate part can be ordered in the US.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I really miss the rear power outlet in the cargo area of my 2015.

The owner's manual illustrated a cargo area outlet. Is it really there? The manual also shows the lane change camera, so I am wondering if the outlet is there or just a "typo". I test drove one and have a AWD Touring on order, but forgot to look as I did not expect to find one.
There was one on the 15?? I have a 15 touring and i'm looking to install a rear facing dashcam, and didnt see it when I looked last week.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rhody401, what I was attempting to say is that t he outlet is missing on my '15 and I miss it from my prior CRV.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ah ok. This is the 2017 subforum, and I apologize for being confused. Carry on :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's unfortunate Honda is cutting costs to this extent. I remember when my neighbor drove home in his new 1st Gen. He couldn't stop gushing about how great it was and how clever and useful all of the little touches were. This continued, in my opinion, into the 2nd gen where I found it to be extremely versatile and useful. I loved the under table storage and the aforementioned power outlet for my ski boot warmers. For the folks who didn't like the tumble forward seats or non flat floor.. my triathlon bikes would fit perfectly, one on each side with gear down the middle. The handle bars would stick right in-between the cushions and lean against the sides with the front wheel removed. And about that flat floor... realize to achieve this, most just RAISE the floor in the back. This reduces the floor to ceiling height, which is NOT what I'm looking for. Anyway, I fully intend to love my new CRV once delivered, I just miss having things like the power outlet. With all of that said I am duly impressed with the upmarket trend of the 2017. This is what sold the wife.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If the power outlet is important enough to you, you might do part of what I plan to do...

<TL;DR> Have a car stereo shop install a fused power run from your battery to the back of the car, and hopefully install an appropriate power socket into the trim.

If you want more info:

As an amateur radio operator, I like to have a mobile transceiver in my car. For my previous car I had a car stereo shop install a few things for me. The radio itself was under the passenger seat, and they installed (under trim) the antenna cable and the control head cable. Plus, they ran power cable straight from the battery (both wire fused at the battery) to under the passenger seat. I had them terminate the power run with Anderson PowerPole connectors, and used a PowerPole distribution panel to feed power to the radio and other devices.

One of those other devices was a cigarette lighter socket, so I could run a USB charger when the engine was off.

I'm planning to do something similar with my new CR-V, but right now I'm trying to figure out how I'll mount my antenna, since the rear hatch gaskets don't seem to leave room for the antenna mounts I've used in the past.

de KB7UV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts