Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CR-V LX AWD Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm thinking of installing some leds on air vents and cup holders. I am planning so that all leds will be controlled by one switch. The switch has its own led, so it has two positive wires and ine negative wire coming out from the back.

My question is, where would be the most safe and easy place to tap power from? I was thinking of front accessory power outlet, but not sure if there would be a better place to tap power.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. ^^

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
I'd just get a piggyback connector and tap into one of the fuses in the under-dash fuse box. LEDs use very little juice.

·
Registered
2008 CR-V LX AWD Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just get a piggyback connector and tap into one of the fuses in the under-dash fuse box. LEDs use very little juice.
Which fuse do you recommend? I'm installing about 12 leds with a switch, independent from headlight.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
I would probably use fuse #28 - cargo area accessory power socket - as I never use that rear socket for anything, and if I did, it has a 15-amp fuse, so it should easily handle it. Or, if you never use the front one, that is fuse #29. And the console one is #31. All are 15-amp.

·
Registered
2008 CR-V LX AWD Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would probably use fuse #28 - cargo area accessory power socket - as I never use that rear socket for anything, and if I did, it has a 15-amp fuse, so it should easily handle it. Or, if you never use the front one, that is fuse #29. And the console one is #31. All are 15-amp.
Great! Thank you for all the info. ^^

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Give us a report on how you like the upgrade when it's done! I plan a similar one.

·
Registered
2008 CR-V LX AWD Silver
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Give us a report on how you like the upgrade when it's done! I plan a similar one.
I'll be drilling a hole for each air vents, two for center cup holders, and two holes for each interior door panels. Lots of panel removing, wires running. I hope I'll be able to finish it on one day.

I'll report back once it's done... stay tuned...

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Well, be sure to include pictures and story with all of that!

Reactions: hive4444
1 - 11 of 11 Posts