Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first had a sqweel on starting and I flushed the oil from the resivior. Noticed that the oil looked dirty. Now when I turn the AC on the sqweeling noise goes away! Replaced inlet o ring but no change. Could use some ideas what to do next! There is also very little bubbles in the resivior from the get go! Should I replace the resivior and hose?

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please go to your Account Settings/Main Page, where you will see spaces to fill in the data on your location (city, state, etc.) and vehicle (year, trim level, etc.). Fill those in and save. Now your Avatar will display this info as you can see it in mine (hover over my flag to see my location). I will need to see this info ASAP as vehicle-related posts are not allowed in this section (you can see on the main table of contents page instructions for what can be posted in each section), so I will need to move the post. Thanks. This info will also help us help with your questions.

·
Registered
2000 LX 5spd awd
173 Posts
If its actually a power steering noise and not something else you are in the right track. Try replacing the suction hose. They become very hard over time and can cause air to be sucked into the system. If air is entering the system it can also be from the front seal leaking on the pump. The front seal is under suction and can leak (air into the system) for a while before you ever see fluid coming out of it.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,057 Posts
Okay then. Moving to Misc, section until further information is provided.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its actually a power steering noise and not something else you are in the right track. Try replacing the suction hose. They become very hard over time and can cause air to be sucked into the system. If air is entering the system it can also be from the front seal leaking on the pump. The front seal is under suction and can leak (air into the system) for a while before you ever see fluid coming out of it.
Thank you for your reply. You gave me the advice that I needed and so, I replaced the suction hose and the reservoir, which it fixed my problem. I also put new fluid by draining it from the return hose to the reservoir and dumping into a container, starting the car a couple of times, to get the rest out till it stopped draining. I thought to turn the wheels to each limit, but the person watching said it was enough. I did when filling and it stopped bubbling in the reservoir. No high pitch sound too!

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,057 Posts
Great! Now, if you'll go ahead and fill in your information, we can help with your next issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts