Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing a ton of research on SUV's in this class. I remember one saying that with the power tailgate option you cannot manually close but i cant remember which vehicle it was. Anyone with an EX-L version know if its possible to manually shut it?? Sounds like a weird question but i prefer to have both options.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
78 Posts
it will not close as easily because you have to fight the resistance of the electric motor, but it can be closed manually.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,461 Posts
Just curious, why would you want to?
Some of us have habits that are difficult to break. :rolleyes:

The wife's minivan has power sliding doors, but I usually operate them the old fashioned way. (I do it faster, too.) :cool:

·
Registered
183 Posts
One thing I've noticed is that the "kick" to open isn't very reliable. I haven't been able to find a technique that works every time. Sometimes, I'm just standing there like an idiot kicking away until it finally opens, and sometimes it just plain doesn't open, and I have to dig out the fob (usually with my hands already full).

And sometimes it works perfectly.

I've also noticed that if I walk away from the car while the tailgate is still lowering, the auto-lock won't work (although it gives me a rapid beep that's different than the acknowledgment beep, so at least I know it didn't work and I have to lock the car with the fob).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of us have habits that are difficult to break. :rolleyes:

The wife's minivan has power sliding doors, but I usually operate them the old fashioned way. (I do it faster, too.) :cool:
Exactly! I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to closing the hatch on my 2013 Ford C-max. For whatever reason i want to see it close and waiting on the electronics to do it slowly irritates me. Initially I had it in my head that we would buy a 2017 Cr-V EX but after seeing the cloth interior vs the leather the wife wants the EX-L which also changes to power lift gate.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I like that I can hit the button and walk away and get in the car. Plus open or close from the driver seat. Reduces how much i get wet when raining.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We will manually close the tailgate when we have the dogs in the CRV. Otherwise it's too slow for large dogs with big prey drive if they see something they'd like when the tailgate is closing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The power tailgate on my 2019 CRV EX-L works with the key fob or the handle button above the license plate. I just noticed a smaller button to the right of the one above the license plate. Anyone know what it does? Owner's Manual say nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive been doing a ton of research on SUV's in this class. I remember one saying that with the power tailgate option you cannot manually close but i cant remember which vehicle it was. Anyone with an EX-L version know if its possible to manually shut it?? Sounds like a weird question but i prefer to have both options.

Thanks in advance!
It's quite possible that the remote is in your pocket next to your cell phone or some other electronic device blocking the communications that needs to take place between the remote and the vehicle.

Look towards the end of this thread where we went over this related topic:

Cheers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The power tailgate on my 2019 CRV EX-L works with the key fob or the handle button above the license plate. I just noticed a smaller button to the right of the one above the license plate. Anyone know what it does? Owner's Manual say nothing.
It's a lock button.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's shown on P. 135 of the 2019 Owners Manual. If the exterior lights don't flash once after the tailgate closes, it means the doors and tailgate aren't locked. After pressing this button, a single flash of the lights confirms that locking was successful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
marty1
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing