Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2017 CRV Exl in Feb 2017. Rear tires worn bald at 15K . This seems to be a common problem as several other owners have had same issue. Honda is not helpful or taking issue serious. Anyone else experiencing this problem or recommendations.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
It's well known that OEM tires don't last. Get over it and buy some quality replacements.
Wrong. My OEM tires lasted to 4/32nd at 43,XXX miles. Many others have had similar or more mileage on OEM tires. Pretty rude statement. OP, I just put Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max on my 2013 and they're amazing. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Wrong. My OEM tires lasted to 4/32nd at 43,XXX miles. Many others have had similar or more mileage on OEM tires. Pretty rude statement. OP, I just put Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max on my 2013 and they're amazing. I highly recommend them.
You got lucky, or drive on smooth roads. I wasn't being rude, just being honest. Look at Lexus. They started putting warning messages on their vehicles, stating the tires may wear within 15k miles. Most OEM tires are not the same you buy as replacements. Look it up!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
It may have been out of alignment when you bought it. That happened to me when my 2014 was new. My dealer did an alignment check before delivery and it was out. I did end up getting 42000 miles on the original tires.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Look at Lexus. They started putting warning messages on their vehicles, stating the tires may wear within 15k miles.
That's ridiculous! Lexus is an expensive brand and they are putting 15K mile tire wear warnings on their vehicles. Man, talk about trying to save a buck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your comments. I live in Canada and the posting should of read 15000 Kms not miles. Since then I have a neighbor that has the same problem with original tires wearing bald in rear at 15000 Kms also. I know original tires wear out quick but this is a little too soon. Appears Honda does not know what the problem is as this has been reported to Honda Canada by other CRV owners.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thank you for your comments. I live in Canada and the posting should of read 15000 Kms not miles. Since then I have a neighbor that has the same problem with original tires wearing bald in rear at 15000 Kms also. I know original tires wear out quick but this is a little too soon. Appears Honda does not know what the problem is as this has been reported to Honda Canada by other CRV owners.
So, at a little over 9k miles your rear tires are bald? I guess I missed the rear tire reference in your initial post, not to mention you were referring to KM's! How many rotations have you had done? How much tread is remaining on the fronts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This tire wear was only noticed at first service schedule at 15000 Kms. Tires were replaced at dealership with front tires placed at rear. These were worn out at 20000 Kms when changed to winter tires. New winters placed on with only 6000 Kms since. In several months CRV will be due for service at which time I will be able to have them measured to see if it was the tires or the vehicle. I have a case # already started with Honda Canada

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 28,000 miles on Hankook tires. I started feeling a vibration and took it to the dealership. I was told that the tires were “cupped” and I just needed to drive it a few thousand more miles and get new tires and that his was doing the same thing. The tire is rated for 70,000 and is not a cheap tire. I wasn’t satisfied so I took my husband back with me and we spoke with the service manager. He checked alignment, which was off slightly, and checked my services that I had done there. Upon checking he noticed that my tires had not been rotated by them as they should have been at my regular service visits!!! They refused to take any responsibility except to offer about $100 off their already overpriced tires. I’ve filed a formal complaint against the dealership but haven’t heard anything from them.

Has anyone had resolution of similar issues?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have 28,000 miles on Hankook tires. I started feeling a vibration and took it to the dealership. I was told that the tires were “cupped” and I just needed to drive it a few thousand more miles and get new tires and that his was doing the same thing. The tire is rated for 70,000 and is not a cheap tire. I wasn’t satisfied so I took my husband back with me and we spoke with the service manager. He checked alignment, which was off slightly, and checked my services that I had done there. Upon checking he noticed that my tires had not been rotated by them as they should have been at my regular service visits!!! They refused to take any responsibility except to offer about $100 off their already overpriced tires. I’ve filed a formal complaint against the dealership but haven’t heard anything from them.

Has anyone had resolution of similar issues?
28,000 miles out of OEM tires? I would consider yourself lucky! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
All 4

All 4 of mine are “cupped” and worn out. Of course, they also didn’t rotate my tires as they should have. I’ve contacted Honda and filed a complaint.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your next tires lasted longer and wore evenly? My fear is that this is an alignment issue and will wear out new tires prematurely as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2017 EX Bridgestone Ecopia tires are baloney skin bald after 19 months and 22.5K miles. By comparison a 2014 RAV4 and 2014 Mazda 3 each got about 30K out of the factory tires. I also have a 2017 Mazda 3 that has about 21K miles and there is no sign of wear on them yet. I would think you should get at least 30K out of factory tires and 50K out of there replacements.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 crv 23,500 miles and reartires are down to the wear bars. Wear iseven across thetire with no cupping. Fronts are still doing well we have had a vibration from about 70 mph and up since new plus a low pitched rumble. Rotated the tires f to r today and rumble seems to have moved forward and the feel is different. Tiresshould last more the 23k

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased a 2017 CRV Exl in Feb 2017. Rear tires worn bald at 15K . This seems to be a common problem as several other owners have had same issue. Honda is not helpful or taking issue serious. Anyone else experiencing this problem or recommendations.
Same issue with my touring model...tires worn out at 22k Km(14k miles)...had to replace. New tires are half worn with an additional 23k km...not happy...between this and the oil/gas dilution problem, poor mileage after recall, and failed instrument module ,all within 2 years of owning this vehicle, i'm done with honda...!!! worst new vehicle i've ever owned

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just took our 2018 crv touring into the dealer since we had no tread life remaining on rear tires (but passenger rear is worse). Front tires are still normal wear. Vehicle has 35k kms since we bought it new last year in March 2018 and we ran winter tires from late Oct to end of March. Dealer says alignment is good and mechanically everything is OK. He said they are just bad tires, and its $900 for a new set of 4 Michelins.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts