Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2004 CR-V with 25,000 miles on it. We are the original owners. The Honda dealer just advised that 3 of our tires are doen to 4/32nds of tread and that the rear right only has 2/32nds of tread left..... Now I am looking for the original tire warranty as I believe the manufactuer (Bridgestone) should provide some adjustment on replacement tires. Anyone aware of n issue with the OEM tires (Bridgestone Duelers)?

jwizard

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
jwizard said:
We have a 2004 CR-V with 25,000 miles on it. We are the original owners. The Honda dealer just advised that 3 of our tires are doen to 4/32nds of tread and that the rear right only has 2/32nds of tread left..... Now I am looking for the original tire warranty as I believe the manufactuer (Bridgestone) should provide some adjustment on replacement tires. Anyone aware of n issue with the OEM tires (Bridgestone Duelers)?

jwizard
Search any CR-V forum on the internet. The stock Bridgestones are terrible tires. We got 40k miles out of ours, but the last 10k was torture and a good thing we were not in winter. They are a cheap tire with poor ride quality and traction as well as longevity. Just cut your losses and buy a decent replacement tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tires

I dumped my new stock tires after 300 miles , two days after buying my 06 I traded the tires in on a set of Goodyear Triple treads . I was given 150.00 for the stock tires. Most stock tires are maybe good for 20k-30k of good tread after that you just have rubber on the road .

Good luck

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
mattf said:
I dumped my new stock tires after 300 miles , two days after buying my 06 I traded the tires in on a set of Goodyear Triple treads . I was given 150.00 for the stock tires. Most stock tires are maybe good for 20k-30k of good tread after that you just have rubber on the road .

Good luck
The triple treads are a very heavy tire. $150 would be reasonable considering the next buyer would not get any sort of warranty, even though they were essentially new.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.