Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating on whether or not to pressure wash 2013 CRV motor. Is this advisable or not? If not a problem what pre-cautions should I take?

Thanks in advance!!!:cool:
HK

·
Registered
571 Posts
mix water with electrical parts and computers are not recommended. how dirty is it that you have to pressure wash it? Or just spray on some cleaner and lightly rinse

·
Registered
776 Posts
This was a discussion several months ago here (you might want to search for it). Personally, I wouldn't as I think it's just asking for trouble. Craig

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Don't do it!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Never had an issue doing it and do it about once a month.

When it rains everything under the hood gets soaked. If things under there werent meant to get wet, the vehicle should come with a disclaimer not to drive it in the rain.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I personally use diluted degreaser in a spray bottle and let it soak for 15 minutes, rinse with water hose(no pressure) and it's clean. Use caution around electrical, JMHO and good luck.
David g...........:cool:

·
Banned
806 Posts
If your engine is hot, don't do it. When I was younger I would do it at the car wash, but I would drive straight to the car wash and do it first thing in the morning. Car wash wasn't but a mile or two from home. And don't hold the sprayer too close to anything.

I nowadays just do it from home with a hose on a cold engine and have had zero issues. I don't even have a spray head attached to the hose. I have a 2012 CR-V that I wash regularly, probably once a month and have had zero issues. Along with my other two personal vehicles that I do the same to. I don't cover or avoid anything. I don't hold the hose at any funny angles either. I just hold it straight over whatever part I'm rinsing. I might also add that I haven't modified or added anything to the motor as doing what I do could create issues if you have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drive to the car wash, which is about 1.5 miles away, then soak the engine with the tire degreaser/cleaner foam that is one of the settings on the dial. I let it sit for a few minutes, then turn the wand to the light rinse (which is actually softer than a typical garden hose) and hose it off. Works great and only costs a few bucks in quarters. Plus, I don't have the dirt/grime/etc. on my driveway when I'm done.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've had a pressure washer hooked up just inside my garage door for the last 16 years and I use it for everything. I spray off the engine every few months but I am careful where I spray the high pressure. If you do it often, it doesn't take much to knock the dust off. I've cleaned engines with water since the 60s. I killed a TPS on a Park Avenue once and back in the old days, I had to occasionally dry out a distributor cap. Back in my youth, I worked at a used car dealership and I washed a bunch of engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts