Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating on whether or not to pressure wash 2013 CRV motor. Is this advisable or not? If not a problem what pre-cautions should I take?

Thanks in advance!!!:cool:
HK

·
Registered
776 Posts
This was a discussion several months ago here (you might want to search for it). Personally, I wouldn't as I think it's just asking for trouble. Craig

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Never had an issue doing it and do it about once a month.

When it rains everything under the hood gets soaked. If things under there werent meant to get wet, the vehicle should come with a disclaimer not to drive it in the rain.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I personally use diluted degreaser in a spray bottle and let it soak for 15 minutes, rinse with water hose(no pressure) and it's clean. Use caution around electrical, JMHO and good luck.
David g...........:cool:

·
Banned
806 Posts
If your engine is hot, don't do it. When I was younger I would do it at the car wash, but I would drive straight to the car wash and do it first thing in the morning. Car wash wasn't but a mile or two from home. And don't hold the sprayer too close to anything.

I nowadays just do it from home with a hose on a cold engine and have had zero issues. I don't even have a spray head attached to the hose. I have a 2012 CR-V that I wash regularly, probably once a month and have had zero issues. Along with my other two personal vehicles that I do the same to. I don't cover or avoid anything. I don't hold the hose at any funny angles either. I just hold it straight over whatever part I'm rinsing. I might also add that I haven't modified or added anything to the motor as doing what I do could create issues if you have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drive to the car wash, which is about 1.5 miles away, then soak the engine with the tire degreaser/cleaner foam that is one of the settings on the dial. I let it sit for a few minutes, then turn the wand to the light rinse (which is actually softer than a typical garden hose) and hose it off. Works great and only costs a few bucks in quarters. Plus, I don't have the dirt/grime/etc. on my driveway when I'm done.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've had a pressure washer hooked up just inside my garage door for the last 16 years and I use it for everything. I spray off the engine every few months but I am careful where I spray the high pressure. If you do it often, it doesn't take much to knock the dust off. I've cleaned engines with water since the 60s. I killed a TPS on a Park Avenue once and back in the old days, I had to occasionally dry out a distributor cap. Back in my youth, I worked at a used car dealership and I washed a bunch of engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts