Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success with products such as the Xpel Headlight Protection Kit?

I find it interesting that in their description that they mention that UV rays are a problem, but then they don't specifically mention that their product protects against it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I bought some from WeatherTech and just took them off. They came with the fog light film as well. I took them off because on the fog lights the center was burnt from the light being very hot. It made it look horrible, so I decided that I won't be using anything like this anymore. Luckily I just transferred and now live in a house instead of an apartment, so both my Honda's are in the garage. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm guessing that most of the products that would claim to prevent your headlights from oxidizing will do a much better job of preventing your wallet from getting too fat.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing that most of the products that would claim to prevent your headlights from oxidizing will do a much better job of preventing your wallet from getting too fat.
That's what I figured... I was just hoping that at least one of them was worth it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I believe Rustoleum makes an acrylic clear coat gloss spray with an UV protection. I used it when I reconditioned my 2004 CR-V headlight lenses and it does a nice job. If you are really concerned , I think I bought mine on Amazon about a year ago for about $14 a can. You only need a little as it just needs to be misted on in several coats, allowing each coat to thoroughly dry before the next coat Make sure you mask off the hood and fenders to prevent overspray from getting on the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts