Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently removed the drive shaft on my 1999 Honda CRV. After removing the drive shaft, I found that I have almost no power when I put it in "D" (Drive). The "D" light is also blinking. I don't know alot about this, I am hoping to at least get it driveable in 2WD mode until I can put a new drive shaft on. When I start the car, it sounds fine, just simply very low power when I put it in drive.

If you need anymore information, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is really strange. I have removed the driveshaft from all 5 of my CRV's at one time or the other with no ill effects at all. I can't imagine the driveshaft having anything to do with your problem, but stranger things have happened I guess. I would love to know what you find out!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I agree with dlw. Most of the time if you remove the driveshaft you should notice more power as this will make all available power go to the front wheels. Maybe double check when you removed the driveshaft you might have unplugged something else. Let us know.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Make sure the atf level is good. Are you getting slipping in the tranny or just lack of power/
What made you decide to remove the driveshaft? Symptoms ?
Was there good power before you removed the driveshaft? Is it possible that you bumped an electrical connector when you removed the shaft?
Last time the timing belt was changed?
Check for engine trouble codes and post them.
Buffalo4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts