Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all thank you for this community, this is amazing as I learnt a lot after reading articles on it.

What brought me here is a problem I am facing which started yesterday in my Honda CRV 2018. I bought new one in Oct 2018.

Little background, I park my car under the shed in apartment complex.

When I started my car yesterday in morning headlight came on and interior dashboard/media console lights were dim as I have my headlight nobe set to AUTO and since it was little dark under the shed which was ok. Then I took my car out and it was bright sunny day, still I saw headlights were on and console lights were dim.
I drove all day but headlight remained on and console in really dim light. I tried different things but nothing helped in fixing the problem.

I saw/read few discussion threads talking about kind of similar problem but could find anything which states how to fix this problem.

Can anyone direct me to right thread or I would appreciate if anyone knows how to fix this ? Or should I visit dealership to get this fixed ?

Thanks and appreciate all the help in advance and I am sorry if I have started a duplicate thread here.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It could be due to improper dealer prep. If your "Lighting Setup" screen lists only 2 options instead of 5, there's the problem. Here's the fix from Honda:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10152728-0001.pdf

This issue also causes problems with auto high beam, headlight shut off delay, fog lights and rain sensing wipers. Honda has put out several bulletins on this since early 2017 but it still happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My headlights were coming on with driving through shaded areas. I changed the light sensor setting to minimum. No more problem.
This worked for me. I changed to MIN and set it to AUTO, console lights didn't get dim and headlights didn't come up in morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I pulled the fuse to my DRL when I bought my car dont need them ,I like the good old fashioned way ,plus DRL destroy headlight life ,put parking lights on,few friends with 07 to 2012 crv had problems with blowing headlights if 5 people had problems then I'm assuming all do I told them pull the fuse problem solved ,not z fan of auto lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts