Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my old iphone 6 to the Iphone XR and cannot sych it to my 2017 CRV. The car keeps saying no device detected. I tried it two ways. When I first click on the phone setting, my iphone comes up on the list of devices. I click on that and it says not detected. So maybe that is my old iphone? Then I click on add a device, same thing, cannot detect device. Anyone have this happen to them? Or have any suggestions? I called my dealership and they said they never heard of this problem and only thing is to bring it in which I really don’t have time for. I can connect it to Apple Carplay no problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you try 'pairing' the CarPlay function by going to the iOS CarPlay menu on your phone? Your phone doesn't have to show up on the car's device list - that's more for Bluetooth which you won't need for CarPlay as it's not wireless on the CR-V.
Are you also using an Apple certified cable?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Agree with the others, try a repairing and also if possible try using a short length good quality lightning cable instead of the OEM one.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts